01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How can I reset my Hikvision passwords - at my wit's end!!

CJW1966

Evening folks,

I'm desperate for some help with my system. I have a Hikvision 8ch NVR, complete with 3no Hikvision cameras. all was working ok, until no1 port on the NVR has malfunctioned. As a consequence I've moved the cameras to ports 2, 3, and 4. After much password changing and swapping, it appears i have locked myself out of my cameras (user is locked). I have tried to use the sadp tool, but the cameras are offline, so i can't even access them to even attempt to reset the passwords.
My main question is this..how can I reset the passwords if there is no way to access them in the first place?

Any suggestions or help would be very gratefully received!!

Evening folks,

I'm desperate for some help with my system. I have a Hikvision 8ch NVR, complete with 3no Hikvision cameras. all was working ok, until no1 port on the NVR has malfunctioned. As a consequence I've moved the cameras to ports 2, 3, and 4. After much password changing and swapping, it appears i have locked myself out of my cameras (user is locked). I have tried to use the sadp tool, but the cameras are offline, so i can't even access them to even attempt to reset the passwords.
My main question is this..how can I reset the passwords if there is no way to access them in the first place?

Any suggestions or help would be very gratefully received!!

What Hikvision camera models do you have? If it is a model with FWD/G0/G1 in the product code you should be able to perform a hard reset using the push button, which is usually found under the microSD card cover.

Back