01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I find the ip address for a remote ptz camera?

prop

i have 2 hilook ptz cameras at a remote location and i can view them on ivms 4200 software . how can i find the ip address for these cameras? i can only see the serial numbers.

Hi @prop

If you go to device management in iVMS-4200, select the camera, and then click remote configuration it should open a pop-up with all the details of the camera and if you open the network sub-menu you should see the IP address of the camera.

If you want to log in to the cameras using the IP addresses from outside their local network you will need to set up port forwarding which needs to be done on the local network of the cameras.

i have 2 cameras at a remote location so i guess i won`t be able to find the ip for those ,but i also have one here on my home network.all 3 show up on device management page but none will open remote config. i know i can probably find my local cam ip on my modem page but no way to find the other 2 remote cams? i am trying to add everything to blue iris but having no luck

Hi @prop

In iVMS-4200 are you logged into Hik-Connect? (you should see a logged in icon at the top right of the iVMS window)

If those remote cameras are added to iVMS via Hik-Connect then they are connected via the Hikvision cloud and not actually using their IP addresses which is probably why you can see any IP address.

if you install the Hikvision SADP Tool you should be able to find the IP address of the camera that is on your local network, but for the remote cameras if you haven't previously set up port forwarding then the IP addresses of those devices will only be visible when using a PC/laptop on the same network as those remote devices.

Once you have visited the remote site and set the port forwarding for those cameras it should be possible to access them remotely and add them to a 3rd-party software like Blue Iris.

Back