01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How reset Hilook ipcameras?

pleqtiz

Hello!
I have a delicate problem whit my Hilook Ip cameras.
i need to resett 6 of them, yes in know there is a ton of answers to this but.. I send the XML files to Hikvision support but they mailed me back and say that i need to talk whit my shop that i bought it from about that..

The seller cant do it insteed they want to take the cameras back and send it to service?

Have Hikvision totaly removed the Hilook brand and support? or what im i missing?
or should i buy new Hikvision cameras?

Thanks!

Hi @pleqtiz

As far as we are aware the HiLook cameras are still supported/sold, authorised Hikvision/HiLook resellers should be able to perform the XML password reset for you so it would suggest your original seller is not authorised.

One other option for hard resetting the cameras is to open the MicroSD card cover on the cameras and there should be a hard reset button there. If it is you can disconnect the camera from the power, hold down the reset button, reconnect the power and continue to hold the reset button for a further 30 seconds, and then the camera should be hard reset to factory settings ready to set a new password.

If there is no reset button then there is no other option to reset the password than the XML file and if you can't get your seller to do that then buying new cameras is the only option. If you do buy new cameras then yes we would definitely recommend full Hikvision cameras from an authorised reseller. (like us at use-IP Ltd)

Back