01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to connect my DS-7204HUHI-K1/P to my Windows 10 PC

JohnWB

As a 2 day newbe in CCTV have been trying to find out how to connect my hikvision ds-7204huhi-k1/P to my Wondows 10 pc. I have looked through all this thread and the How To tutorials but I cannot find and idea how to start.

I have tried to connect my hikvision ds-7204huhi-k1 with 4 ColourVU 5MP cameras to my windows 10 pc over ethernet and I can log in and the pc then shows the Hikvision desktop with 4 blank areas where the pictures should be. i have tried vaious ways to bring up the pictures without success could you point me in the correct direction regarding what I need to do please.

If you have got as far as seeing blank panes from your CCTV on your PC, then it may be that you just need to select your cameras.
Click on an empty pane - it should highlight that pane with a yellow frame.
Then double-click on the camera (in the left list) that you would like to appear there.

If you are still having problems, it really helps us to help you if you upload screenshots for us to see what you are seeing.

JohnWB Reply (sent to us by email):

Phil, thanks very much for your quick reply.

That worked great. Unfortunately, when I come out and go back in I have to do it again.

Is there a way I can make it permanent?

Keep up the good work and excellent videos

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @JohnWB

If you login to the DVR with Internet Explorer and go to the Configuration > Local you should see an option for "Auto Start Live View"

Hi @JohnWB

There is also a "Start All Live View" button on the web browser interface, which will load up the streams of all the cameras at once:

1611766306053.png

Dan's solution is probably better, though, as it means you won't need to use this button every time you connect to the NVR.

Hi @JohnWB

If you login to the DVR with Internet Explorer and go to the Configuration > Local you should see an option for "Auto Start Live View"
IThanks for the advice, I went to cofiguration in IE but there is no Local or Auto Start Live View

Are you sure that you are using the Internet Explorer browser - the icon is the blue 'e' with the gold flash over it.
If you are, and you still do not see Local, then please press the Ctrl and F5 keys on your keyboard together (this will refresh the browser cache and may help).
If not, can you please upload here a full-page screenshot of what you are seeing.
@Kyle 's post at #5 is from the Live View page in your browser and should also work.
@Dan 's solution at #4 just means it'll always show the video feeds whenever you login, with no need to click the button indicated by Kyle.

Thanks for your help again.
Hikvision - Auto Save Live View.jpg
I went in again and this time I found the Local but no Auto Start Live View, i've attached a full screen shot as requested.

Phil, thanks for your help again, I have no idea how I could have missed that setting, I looked loads of time and just did not see it.
I has worked fine so thanks oncw more.
John

Back