01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to download the recorded video?

Manny

I have the NVR 7604. How do I save specific days of recording for my 3 cameras to either the hard disk or to an USB pen? I have the overwritten feature on at present. I want to continue using it but I want to save some specific days of recording. Ideally a period between two dates for all cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Manny

If you use the local GUI of the NVR you can follow these steps to save the footage to a USB stick:
How-to: - How To Export/Backup Recordings from a Hikvision NVR to an External Storage Device

If you access the NVR in a web browser, then you'll need to open the Playback menu and click on the download button in the bottom toolbar:

1659611384901.png

You'll need to do it for each camera individually, but you can then set your start and end date / time to seach for all of the footage.
It is stored in chunks or "packets", which is what the list of files that will appear are, but you just need to tick each packet with a start/end time within the period that you want to save and then click "Download":

1659611579271.png

You can change where these files are saved on your PC here in the Configuration>Local menu, but you will need to use Internet Explorer to access this menu:

1659611952446.png

@Manny If you don't want to actually download the files from the recorder IE you just want to stop specific recordings from being overwritten, that's doable too.

On the local interface:
  • Click the File Management (folder) icon at the top of the screen
  • Select 'Video' on the left and 'Search by appearance'
  • Set Time to 'Custom' and input the start and end date/time for your search
  • For Camera leave as 'All' or select which cameras you want
  • Click start search
A list of the individual files will be shown matching your dates and camera selection. Click the padlock icon for each file (unfortunately the 'select all' checkbox won't work for that purpose)

Although you've got overwrite on, locking the files will stop them being overwritten on the internal disk, so you can still access them for playback or export/download at a later date. When you no longer need them locked you can just do a search for 'locked' files only and unlock them to get the recording space back.

Thanks for the useful info. The menu looks different on my NVR, am operating with a monitor connected to it.
I do access the recording via the Search Function. To minimise the size of the files I searched for events only. In the pages I can only tick max 100 items in one go then I need to scroll through and tick the other 100. Bit painful. Surprising that something so sophisticated like this system doesn’t have a simple export feature for all data that meet certain criteria.

Thanks for the useful info. The menu looks different on my NVR, am operating with a monitor connected to it.
I do access the recording via the Search Function. To minimise the size of the files I searched for events only. In the pages I can only tick max 100 items in one go then I need to scroll through and tick the other 100. Bit painful. Surprising that something so sophisticated like this system doesn’t have a simple export feature for all data that meet certain criteria.
There's multiple ways to get to the footage and download or save it. I've not used the Q series NVR but if it has the EUI (enhanced user interface) version 4 firmware it might be on yours. Sometimes certain options are hidden in that interface. If you go to Settings and look down the left side, there might be an option to switch from easy to advanced. Easy just shows the most commonly used features on the menu screen whereas advanced exposes everything.

Back