01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

how to open / play back sd card content from hikvision?

phier

Hello,
i copied whole sd card from hikvision cam to my local drive... is there some software that i can use to playback media? the structure looks like hik stuff...

any advice?

thanks!

the structure contains bin, pic files ... so no idea..
The normal way to view recorded footage would be to connect to the camera using a compatible web browser or iVMS-4200 and then use the export function to copy the video back to your PC. That exported footage can then be opened using Hikvision VS Player. What I'm not sure of (as I've never tried it) is whether you can view the video from a copied SD the way you are trying. When using the export function the file is an mp4

Could I jump on this and ask similar question? I have inserted micro SD card to my camera to record a footage. When I however take it out and put it into my PC it doesn't want to read the card but asks me to format the card first before opening it. Is there way to view anything recorded on the micro SD card or does it only work when viewing via the browser or NVR direct?
Also can you not playback from the micro SD via Hik-Connect app? It only works via browser or NVR for me. Playback from HDD is all good.

Thank you

Could I jump on this and ask similar question? I have inserted micro SD card to my camera to record a footage. When I however take it out and put it into my PC it doesn't want to read the card but asks me to format the card first before opening it. Is there way to view anything recorded on the micro SD card or does it only work when viewing via the browser or NVR direct?
Also can you not playback from the micro SD via Hik-Connect app? It only works via browser or NVR for me. Playback from HDD is all good.

Thank you
You don't take the SD card out of the camera, you would just view it using Hik-Connect. However it sounds as though you are using an SD card in the camera AND an NVR.

If the camera is connected to a PoE port of the NVR, I don't think you'll be able to view the footage using Hik-Connect as the connection to the camera is via the NVR and the camera won't be directly accessible from the Hik-Connect app (due to the PoE connected cameras not being on your LAN). If the camera is connected to the system through your LAN you can just add it manually to the Hik-Connect app using it's IP address.

Usually you would use an SD card for two reasons:

1 - If the camera is standalone and not using an NVR to record
2 - As backup. If the camera is connected to the LAN (not the NVR), you can setup ANR on the camera. That's designed to take over recording on the SD card if the camera disconnects from the NVR. On reconnection it would send the recorded footage from the SD card to the NVR.

Thank you for your speedy response. I thought of using a SD card just as a back up because part of the system is connected to the LAN ( it's too far from the NVR to drag a cable to each camera). Based on your response I guess it doesn't really make sense to install the SD cards to camera that are directly connected to the PoE on NVR.
Once again thank you, I appreciate your help

Thank you for your speedy response. I thought of using a SD card just as a back up because part of the system is connected to the LAN ( it's too far from the NVR to drag a cable to each camera). Based on your response I guess it doesn't really make sense to install the SD cards to camera that are directly connected to the PoE on NVR.
Once again thank you, I appreciate your help
If you have cameras on the LAN, you can put SD cards in those and switch on ANR. If the camera loses connection to the NVR (but remains powered) it'll record to the card and dump the footage back to the NVR when the connection is back up (allegedly...I've not tried it in practice myself). But for cameras connected directly to the NVR it's possibly not worth it, as a disconnection from the NVR means the camera has no power and cannot record anyway.

If you're wanting some sort of short term backup. You may be able to set a recording schedule directly on each camera, regardless of how it's connected. If you were unlucky enough to have a break in and the NVR got pinched, you would then have some footage on the SD card and you could power it up and add the camera to Hik-Connect via its IP address.

Hi, I need read the content of the microsd from a computer, the camara works stand alone and was vandalized but we recovered the memory intact. Is the only camera that we have.

Back