01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to set Line Crossing & Movement Detection for different preset views on PTZ?

PaulS

I've a 2DF9C435IH-DLW which has absolutely stunning day & (especially) night-time images, but I just cannot configure Line Crossing nor Movement Detection. Obviously the detection area needs to be different for different views (Preset positions), but when I configure on Preset it seems to carry over the line/detection area to the other Presets. Even then, I don't actually seem to get any Alarms, anyway. Hikvision Manual is to the usual (terrible) standard ("The Wizzbang setting allows you to configure the Wizzbang") and I cannot find either an on-line English Manual or and vids that help.
Anyone here with PTZs that they've managed to configure? I'm perhaps missing something obvious, but.......

Hi @PaulS

I've been told by Hikvision that it should definitely be doable.

When you draw a new detection area/line, are you selecting a new Line/Region from the dropdown before drawing it for the new preset?

1616147840952.png

The correct proccess should be:

Draw Line/Region 1 > Save > Select Line/Region 2 from the dropdown > Select your next preset > Draw Line/Region 2 > Save

If you have tried this already, what firmware is installed on the camera?

Hello, Kyle
It seems that I have the Line Crossing configured as indicated, but I never seem to get any Alarms to HiK-Connect (although I do get Motion Detect Alarms - see below). I have all 4 Line-Crossing detections on the same Pre-Set. When I click on one of the 4 lines, the camera does take me to the correct view/Pre-set.
Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 11.18.13.png

I'm still struggling with Movement Detection. I've set "Expert" and configured a detection block on two of my 5 Pre-Sets. I'm now getting Alarms on Hik-Connect, but not only for the two Pre-Sets, but for the other Presets as well. It seems as though the detection block is used on all the Pre-Sets.
My NVR 7732NI running 4.40.016 doesn't show any Alarms for this camera when "Smart" timeline view is selected, although I do see Alarms here for other cameras.
Code is as delivered: V5.6.18 build 190924
Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 11.17.04.png

Back