01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to stop Browser logging out

cage123au

Hi all, first time IP camera owner and first time to this site. Been watching for sometime, now it is time to get involved.

Having said that, I'm hoping someone can assist me.

I have recently purchased 3 x PTZ cameras and 1 x NVR (all Hikvision). I have set it all up and can view the cameras via Safari Browser on my iMac, so all is good there.

My question is this, the Safari Web Browser when logged into with either the NVR or IP Camera direct, keeps logging me out after several minutes of inactivity. How can I change this so the live feed stays up on the Browser all the time. I would like to be able to open 3 tabs, 1 for each camera and then cycle through, but am finding that each time I go back to the tab after several minutes I have been logged out and have to log in again, very annoying.

Is this a Safari setting that needs to be changed, or something related to a setting in the NVR or IP camera..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Hi,
It seems to be a problem particular to Macs / Safari.
PCs allow you to stay logged-in / have a window / tab open for a long time (days - over this weekend) without auto-closing.
We've had a quick Google, can see Mac owners commenting on same - did not find a solution, sorry.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Oh well, will keep trying. I may just get a cheap 32" 16:9 monitor.

Back