01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HTTP 404 error with DS-2DE4220IW-DE

Yorkie

Hello,
I have the above PTZ on my system as camera D10 and for a couple of weeks had it on test indoors where it has been working fine. Yesterday I transferred it to it's proper mounting point on an outbuilding and have connected it up...

When viewing the camera on the NVR on the local monitor and on the NVR web view the feed from the camera shows fine - there is full PTZ movement and audio (Except when trying to open the camera menu, on the local monitor it does nothing and on the NVR web UI I get "invalid operation" on trying to open the camera menu)... **BUT** when I try and navigate to the web page for the camera settings it comes back with a 404 'not found' error along with the text "Can't locate document: /". Note that this is NOT a 'server not found' error (which would suggest an invalid address) but rather that the actual webpage seems to have disappearred. I have tried manually navigating to /doc/page/preview.asp from the IP address as well as /doc/page/login.asp and both come back with the 404 error. The camera shows up in SADP and I can alter parameters such as enabling DHCP so there is clearly a working connection to the camera. It seems rather strange.

Hi @Yorkie

What NVR model do you have?
Is the PTZ plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR?
How are you "navigating" to the camera's web page? Are you taking the IP address from the NVR camera menu and putting it in a browser search bar?

Back