01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I have an Hik vision DS-9664NI-I8 NVR that has instantly stopped recording after all 6TBX4 drives got full?

Nimrod

Hi Guys.
i have an Hik vision NVR 64 ports, DS-9664NI-I8 start has instantly stopped recording after all 6TBX4 drives got full. settings are set to overwriting and sleep.
any ideas what i could be missing?
Thanks in advance..

If it IS set to overwrite, then it should not stop recording.
Overwrite is the default, so, not even a setting that you have to implement.
Perhaps if you have set it off then on again it might cause an issue - clutching at straws; in which case cycling the power might prompt the NVR to pick-up the correct setting / work as expected.

Beyond that, the usual Step 1 - what firmware are you running?
Upgrade to the latest available version and see whether that fixes the issue.

If it IS set to overwrite, then it should not stop recording.
Overwrite is the default, so, not even a setting that you have to implement.
Perhaps if you have set it off then on again it might cause an issue - clutching at straws; in which case cycling the power might prompt the NVR to pick-up the correct setting / work as expected.

Beyond that, the usual Step 1 - what firmware are you running?
Upgrade to the latest available version and see whether that fixes the issue.
Firmware is V4.61.101 Build 220527, i upgraded it yesterday but still no change, i even reset all the recording settings this morning.

Perhaps share a screenshot of the storage / overwrite settings?

Yes, and can you also confirm that you have checked playback to confirm the recording has stopped? Can you share a screenshot/photo of your playback menu? Are there definitely no recordings showing today?

Attachments

• SCREENSHOT.jpeg
    SCREENSHOT.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 171
Yes, and can you also confirm that you have checked playback to confirm the recording has stopped? Can you share a screenshot/photo of your playback menu? Are there definitely no recordings showing today?
screenshot.

Attachments

• SCREENSHOT.jpeg
    SCREENSHOT.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 151
Hi @Nimrod
You have posted the same image in response to both questions.
It does look as if recording has stopped.
Can you share a screenshot that shows that overwrite is ticked please?

if you are unsure where to find the overwrite setting it is under Configuration > Storage > Advanced Settings > Other

I'm puzzled / stuck.
Could it be something else altogether?
Maybe your schedule has been wiped and the NVR is not being told when / what to record?
Maybe check the health of the drives?
Cycle the power?

It may be that it is nothing to do with the drives becoming full. As the drives are set to overwrite they will always show as full after the first recording period. If recording is scheduled 24/7, an admin can still stop it with two mouse clicks:

Click 1 - The icon 'stop recording on all channels'
Click 2 - 'ok' (rather than 'cancel'!)

I'm not saying thats the case here, but if someone does that accidentally, the only ongoing indication is no red clapperboard icon in the top right of each image on the local GUI (and no ongoing recordings obviously). Rebooting the recorder starts the schedule again OR there's an icon to 'Start manual recording all channels' (from memory the ongoing recordings would be classified as 'manual' as opposed to 'scheduled' until the next reboot when the schedule would resume)

It's a bit too easy to stop the recordings. I tend to provide customers with a second user account (not the admin) that has 'manual operation' disabled. Then if the icon is clicked accidentally, you just get a 'no permission' pop up.

Edit: One further thought...The last recording shows as the 4th. Double click that date in the calendar and make a note of the time it stopped recording. Then check the logs for the 4th to see what was happening at that time. You can view the logs from the web browser, but preferably you would do it from the local interface. The reason being that each abbreviated log entry can be expanded for further information (double click one entry to see the full details of the event then use the 'previous' and 'next' buttons to navigate. Filtering the log to show 'Operation' for 'Major Type' would highlight whether a user stopped recording.

Last edited:
Back