01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iDS-7208HUHI & DS-2CD2386G2-IU human face comparison issues?

Avinitlarge

Good Afternoon
First of all, everything is on the latest FW.
I am trying to set up human face comparison. So I go to Event/Human Face Comparison I select the camera but it pops up in the corner " Does not support the function" I have also tried it with my DS-2CD2746G2-IZS and have the same issue.
Does anyone know where I am going wrong?
thanks

Good Afternoon
First of all, everything is on the latest FW.
I am trying to set up human face comparison. So I go to Event/Human Face Comparison I select the camera but it pops up in the corner " Does not support the function" I have also tried it with my DS-2CD2746G2-IZS and have the same issue.
Does anyone know where I am going wrong?
thanks
'Event/Human Face Comparison' - where are you seeing that menu? On a locally connected monitor (HDMI), or on the web browser menu? I've just checked the web browser menu on a 16 channel model and don't see the option there.

If the DVR definitely supports face comparison and you're seeing that menu on the local monitor, it might be that it's only supported for the cameras that the DVR is primarily used with - HDTVi analogue models. Often there are features on IP cameras that are only fully supported when using an NVR. It could be that some DVR features are only fully supported when using HD analogue cameras but I can't be sure of that.

With a TVI camera, the DVR encodes and compresses the video stream from the camera and possibly captures that face data during that process. With an IP camera, the encoding and compression is carried out by the camera; and the data stream (rather than video) sent to the NVR (or DVR in your case). My best guess would be that the DVR doesn't support the feature with IP cameras.

Last edited:
Back