01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

If I restore my Hikvision IPCAM to default, will that also restore factory firmware level?

mtv

Hi,

When i select restore to default, i know all parameters will get lost. But what i don't know if that also will take care of the factory installed firmware to get back on the device incl the empty modelno/firmware.

The reason i ask is because I have a U model (DS-2CD2047G2-LU) but it shows without U in the configuration-tab. Audio is working fine, but i selected Video/Audio after doing the upgrade to the latest firmware and not before. After applying the firmware update the modelno was written, which seems to be normal, because when the unit leaves the factory modelno and serial are empty, until the first firmware is written.

Does anyone has experiences with going back to default, incl the empty modelno?

Hi @mtv

We are not aware of any way to default Hikvision to a factory-installed firmware, this is something you would need to speak to Hikvision support directly about. (although I doubt they will help you with this if you are an end user)

We have never experienced authorised Hikvision products with no model number or a different model number when first powered on with the factory firmware, to us this sounds like it might be a grey import camera which may explain why you are seeing strange behaviour when updating firmware.

If the camera is working fine on that latest firmware and the model number is displaying correctly then I would just forget about defaulting firmware and stick with the firmware that is working.

Hi @Dan

Thanks for your prompt reply. All is working fine and indeed this one is from grey import (sorry), they can be upgraded and downgraded with UE portal firmware, so no real issues, only a visual correction was needed, while the microphone is working fine, but the model without (U) is mentioned. So not a big issue at all.

Back