01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Image vignetting Door Station KV8413-WME1(B)

fredbor

Hi,
I recently purchased a HIKVISION Villa system with 1 DS-KV8413-WME1(B) Door Station + 1 DS-KH6320-WTE1 Indoor Station.
I'm getting some issues with the 8413 unit. I'm wondering why the camera is vignetting so much (see attached file).

Are you guys experiencing the same problem?
On many youtube videos of reviewing the KV8X13 serie, I don't see any vignetting at all...

Also, if some of you guys could send a link to the latest firmware, it would be very appreciated.

Thank you!
Best,
Fred

Attachments

• Camera 01.jpg
    Camera 01.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 363
Hi @fredbor

That looks like a faulty camera, it would appear that the lens is mounted too far back in the housing and you are actually catching the lens surround in the cameras FoV. I would take this image to whoever you bought from and discuss a return/warranty replacement.

My DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom has an undocumented (and not very good) Fisheye Expansion adjustment which shows up in the drop-down menu when you click and hold on the live view video window in iVMS-4200. I don't know if the KV8413 is the same.

Attachments

• 8003 Fisheye Expansion.png
    8003 Fisheye Expansion.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 347
Hi,
Thank you very much for your answers.
I also thought my unit was faulty.
As the MIFARE card reader seems to be also faulty, I think this unit has not passed through the quality control step...
With the big electronic components shortage, it might happen more and more often...

I sent back my unit to my supplier. Waiting for a brand new one.
I'll let you know how does work the next one.

Best,
Fred

Reactions: Dan
Hi Fred,

Did you receive the replacement Door station KV8413-WME1(B), and does it have the same image?

I have similar picture from my KV8113-WME1(B) and now considering whether to send it back for a new one.
What I noticed also, that by default after factory reset the camera has the 1280x720 video resolution. With this resolution it is possible to correct the image vignetting by activating the Crop function. But Crop doesn't help for the maximum resolution 1920x1080.

Thank you
Regards

Hi Cool2000,

The cropping function is not supposed to correct a lens issue! :-)

At the moment I'm still waiting for the replacement. I should received it within the next 10 days.
As many others companies, Hikvision is suffering from electronical component shortage that tends to be equalized the very last weeks.
So maybe the quality control had to be less strict to respect deliveries.

There are many video previews over the internet where you can see that the KV8X13 serie has no lens vignetting at all!
So if I was you, I would return it for a brand new one.

Anyway, I will give you some news about the new one's image as soon as I will get it.

Regards,
Fred

Hi Freq,

Thank you for the time take to respond to me. Well, I checked the Hikvision official video of this model. Lens vignetting presents there, please look at the screen shot. Can you please share any link of some other video, to compare.
ATM I have a strong feeling that the brand new replacement unit will have the same picture.
Also I suppose that some firmware builds may have lens correction future, like many of their cameras. Unfortunately, 2.2.43 build 210407 doesn't have it.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot from Hikvision.png
    Screenshot from Hikvision.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 269
Hi,
Thanks for the pic you attached. Interesting
Thereafter the links I used to argue my point to my supplier :
-
→ 9mn31s
-
→ 0mn3s
-
→ 19mn34s

Yes, what I named "image vignetting" might be due to the fisheye lense used in the camera. But Hikvision can correct the distortion in their firmware to corectly fill a 1920x1080 grid (as GoPro does btw).
If they don't, it's a nonsense as they don't really follow their specifications... and the KV8X13 serie goes back in the DIY store quality range!

to be continued.... :)

Fred

Hi,

Thank you for the video links. Yes, on all those videos the image circle is circumscribed, without circular border. (I understand what you mean with "image vignetting").
I can guess that all this videos demonstrate the version A outdoor unit. Unfortunately, only the third one shows outdoor unit setup interface. And it looks different from what I can see on my unit, for example it doesn't have Crop tab in the Image settings. Between, image cropping is the necessary part of every fish eye lens correction algorithm.
Please keep me updated if there will be some good news about the replacement unit.

Regards

Hi Fred,

Villa Door Station Firmware V2.2.3_200805 Release Note contains some information which can be useful also.
The fish eye lens effect presents there also, please have a look on the screenshot attached.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot Villa Door Station Firmware V2.2.3_200805 Release Note.png
    Screenshot Villa Door Station Firmware V2.2.3_200805 Release Note.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

I finally received the Villa Door Station unit replacement with Firmware V2.2.43_210407 loaded.
Vignetting is still there à 1920x1080p but yes it has cropping options : 704x776 / 1280x720P / 1920x1080P
705x776 and 1280x720P allow to fulfill the indoor station display whereas 1920x1080P does not (vignetting).

The MiFare card reader finally works on this unit and that's a good news.

Now I will try to find informations on how to run the each relays at my convenience (2 in the Villa Door Station unit + 2 in the Indoor Display unit).
The MiFare card reader seems to run the Villa Door Station relay 1 by default. I need it to run relay 2.

To be continued...
I'll let you know how the story goes!

Best,
Fred

Reactions: Dan
EDIT 2 :
My mistake!!! MiFare card reader definitely runs the Villa Door Station relay 1 by default.
Sorry for that, I was in a hurry...

Hello guys, there seems something wrong with the production of this device at the moment !

i got 2 kv8413 from an authorized reseller , they could be upgraded .. used the last firmware 2.2.45 ... according to the serial number its for region "RR", which seems to means "unspecific/other". in the DVS video he has also an "RR" device, so i think this is quite normal. according to the box, both are produced in 05/2021 ...

both have this lens-issue where the lens seems to be missfitted or whatever. also the quality of the stream looks really terrible. in the dvs video the quality is good and dont have this hole view.

what now ? sure i can send them back, but another person here had a replacement with the same fault... so a replacement wont help ? also the kd8 series seems to have this bug. i found some footages where people have this.

i have also 5x the kh6320 from another seller (was cheaper). produces in 04/2021. they all have a really loud coil whine when the screen is on ... all displays looks original, can be upgraded, seller claims that he is authorized ... does someone have the same issue ?

like fred mention here.. all videos on youtube seems to be for the (a) version... i got (b) versions ! did they change the camera to a crappier one ? nice that they didnt mention that somewhere ! nice move HIKVISION... nice

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes I also think that there is something wrong with this device production.
New problem for mine (see attached pic.) : image became very "pinky" these last days...!

But as long as we don't have any comparative correct picture from a decent device, how to prove that the problem does really exist?
HIKVISION could claim that it is as it has to be...

KV8X13 serie has 2 years warranty. At the moment, time seems to be one of our best friend...
So lets keep in touch and as soon as a community member will have a correct device, lets send back our devices in warranty!

With my "pink" issue, I will send mine back few months before my warranty ending to be sure to have the last hardware update.

Best,
Fred

Attachments

• IMG_6572.JPG
    IMG_6572.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 206
@fredbor

that is the ir cut filter... try restart the device .. it will help sometimes ... stay near the station and try to hear for a "click" on boot. the filter is mechanic,.. if you dont here a click then the camera is broken.

i found another bug:
the firmware has no "door2" in the webinterface under access control. in ivms there is a door2 i can name...

where did you order? did you order on aliexpress?

all devices with vignetting are hardware-correct. the fix is software... it seems that hikvision exclude the image correction in the (b) version hardware. gopros also have this and its software corrected.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lens tip. UN fortunately for me, several reboots didn't solve the problem.
I ordered my device from a french certified reseller.
I know that the vignetting can be fixed with software (I also talked about GoPro in my first post). And yes, HIKVISION chose to give us a cropping option instead of doing the job correctly...
And yes, as I also talked about in earlier posts, only relay 1 can be configured in IVMS ("door1").

To be continued...

@fredbor

lol... its really easy to get door 2.. i have no idea why this is not documented somewhere and hikvision claim in their manual, that door2 is only usable with external security lock modul .......

1) go to Intercom -> I/O Settings
2) go to I/O Output No. 2, change Output from disable to Electric Lock
3) save
4) go to access control
5) you should now be able to select door2 .... give it a name and set your settings NC or NO ..
6) reboot everything (outdoorstation and any indoor station)

there should now be 2 buttons if someone call. also refresh app, there should now be 2 buttons ...

@user7364
Hello(l),
I think there's a misunderstanding : I didn't talk about the process of having the 2nd button activated within the indoor station and/or the HIKVISION mobile app. Thank god it's possible!
I talked about the fact that in the IVMS software, you only have access to the relay 1 (door1), not at all to the relay 2. That means that you can only link a MiFare card to this "door1" and so to the relay 1. In my case this is a problem : I have 2 electric locks and I'd like to be able to link card to the relay I want.
But I'm curious : Of course the 2 buttons are activated in my system but I don't have at all access to a "door2" in IVMS software.
So, How did you achieved that?

Best

@fredbor

okay, maybe a missunderstanding. you cannot link some mifare cards to one door, and others to another door... and it only opens door one

the reason for only door1 might be, that people use it for electric gate (cant imagine another function which is useful for door2?) and dont want to open it with rfid on the main entry ... ;)

Back