01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Installation of Hikvision Intercom DS-KIS604-P with door lock?

ahmedabdulla

Good Morning Colleagues
I hope you are doing good . One of our customers need to install Hikvision Intercom DS-KIS604-P . I have successfully configure it , integrate the door station with the indoor screen in addition to integrate with Hik-connect .

My issue is the integration/connection between the Door station and the door lock . I really have very little experience with such cable/wiring connections .

I have found the below video describing the wiring between the door station and door lock . From your experience , Does those connection is correct ?

Best Regards

Good Morning Colleagues
I hope you are doing good . One of our customers need to install Hikvision Intercom DS-KIS604-P . I have successfully configure it , integrate the door station with the indoor screen in addition to integrate with Hik-connect .

My issue is the integration/connection between the Door station and the door lock . I really have very little experience with such cable/wiring connections .

I have found the below video describing the wiring between the door station and door lock . From your experience , Does those connection is correct ?

Best Regards
Yes they should be fine but it depends on the customers specific lock and whether it is fail safe (power required to lock) or fail secure (power required to unlock)

For fail safe - the common and normally closed (NC1) connections would be used to switch the lock power
For fail secure - the common and normally open (NO1) connections would be used to switch the lock power

In that image the lock strike is powered to lock and so is using the common and normally open connections. It's also important to ensure that the power requirements of the lock do not exceed the rating of the relay contacts of the door station.

Good Morning JB1970
Our customer will use Electric lock for the main entry gate . We need the Door unit to open this electric lock once there is visitor . I think electric lock is fail secure . Is that true ?

Best Regards

Good Morning JB1970
Our customer will use Electric lock for the main entry gate . We need the Door unit to open this electric lock once there is visitor . I think electric lock is fail secure . Is that true ?

Best Regards
No it could be either. The door unit can operate either type of lock and whoever connects the system to the gate would need to determine what’s needed.

Back