01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Internet problems

Salford5ive

good evening all,

move recently just got a new industrial u it for my work place so the first thing I’ve done is bought my self a Hikvision 4K POE System currently got 4 cameras to set up.
these will be installed by the end of next week, problem being I’ve came to get my self business broadband and the fastest speed I can receive is 4/5mps am thinking this isn’t very good would it do for my cameras or do u need more.
thanks in advanced

Hi
My NVR is - DS-7608NI-K2/8P
2x 8MP(4K) Darkfighter POE IP EXIR Turret CCTV Camera - 2.8mm Lens
2x 8MP(4K) Darkfighter Turret Camera with Built in Mic

ok, that NVR does support the highest H265+ compression which will reduce an 8MP 15fps stream to around 1Mbps, but with 4 cameras this will still use most of your network capacity. Below are the options you have:

1) Run the cameras at a lower resolution/lower settings
2) Run as a closed system - connect the cameras directly to the NVRs PoE ports and only access the system from a direct HDMI monitor with the NVR disconnected from the local network
3) Replace with an analog TurboHD solution

Salford5ive

Could you outline your concern about the 4/5m internet speed please , if its in relation to the viewing of your cameras via the app on your smart phone , then i wouldnt worry too much , you will still be able to view the cameras but maybe not all at once. Your internet speed will not affect the CCTV system recording locally via the NVR

Salford5ive

Could you outline your concern about the 4/5m internet speed please , if its in relation to the viewing of your cameras via the app on your smart phone , then i wouldnt worry too much , you will still be able to view the cameras but maybe not all at once. Your internet speed will not affect the CCTV system recording locally via the NVR
Hi, so I’ve now set up all my cameras and I can view them fine asking as the viewing mode is in basic and not HD. If I view in HD says network is unstable.

I have been meaning to make a new post but haven’t had much time on my hands as I am happy with viewing on basic as if I need to review footage I can do so from the NVR and monitor. My problem being now is that I don’t get any notifications from my cameras to my phone being a big problem. As I feel my business isn’t at the securitise it can be.
many help on being able to get notifications would be great.
Many thanks
Salford5ive.

Back