01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion Detection Not Working?

Nims

Hi

I am a bit of a newbie to all this, am trying to read, experiment and learn so apologise in advance for the questions and if they seem dumb or obvious.

I have the 7608NI-I2 / 8P NVR with FW v4.22.005 build 191208. I log in via the web interface but cant seem to locate the model numbers of my cameras and what FW they have.
Line crossing works fine but intrusion detection doesn't register anything.

I have had to switch off vehicle detection on line crossing as I get a lot of false positives at night due to headlights reflecting off my car.
I am trying to use intrusion detection to trigger a car arriving on my driveway but it doesn't seem to work. Additionally, I can see the threshold option but there is no option to select a min / max size.

I guess my questions are:

1. What is the latest FW, best place to download and a guide on how to do it (do I need a backup etc)?
2. How do I find out what cameras I have and should I update that FW as well (if required)?
3. Any suggestions on how best to detect a car arriving on my driveway but minimising the false alerts at night due to light reflection?

Thank you

Hi @Nims - as you say, the first thing to do it make sure all of your cameras and the NVR are using the latest firmware.

The best way to find firmware now is to find the device's product page on Hikvision's website, which will have the firmware in the "Download Centre" at the bottom.

For your NVR, it is V4.61.030 build 240123.

To log into each camera to find it's model number and firmware version, you will need to use the NVR's Virtual Host feature, and then go to the System>System Settings>Basic Information page for each camera. The passwords to log in to the cameras will be the 'default activation password' that you've set on the NVR.

Let us know if you're struggling to find the firmware for any of the cameras :)

When you're logged into the cameras, you can also try the various light compensation settings to help with the false positives...
To try these, go to Image>Display Settings>Backlight Settings, and try enabling WDR or HLC (which will work best depends on the scene, so it's worth trying each one).

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your help.

I will update the NVR FW tomorrow. Can I jump straight to that latest version or do I need to go up in stages? Are any backups of any sort required?

The camera I have is DS-2CD2387G2-LU on FW: V5.7.3 build 220112. Using the method for the NVR, the latest Cam FW for download seems to be Firmware__V5.7.15_240201_S3000555827. Going by the version, this seems a FW lower? Is that the case?

Lastly, I can see the camera live view when I log in to the NVR. However, when I log in to the camera directly via the virtual host method, I cannot see live view so cam configuration becomes tricky. I have installed the plug in and am using the latest version of MS Edge

Thanks

Back