01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Invalid password on 1 camera?

Steve55

Hi all.
I have DS-7608NXI-12/8P/S with 2 cameras DS-2CD2387G2-L.
Recently set up I am just learning the settings.
Everything works OK apart from logging in to one of the cameras. As I understand it, the camera passwords should be the same as the NVR admin/password.
This password works on camera 2 but not on camera 1.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @Steve55

What are the cameras connected to, a POE switch / injector, or the POE ports on the back of the NVR?

You're basically correct about the passwords, but it depends on how the cameras are connected to the NVR and were activated.

If you plug the cameras into the NVR out of the box, then the NVR will activate them itself and give them its "Default Channel Password" which you set during the NVR setup (this will be the one that is working for one of the cameras).

If the cameras are connected to your local network, i.e. on a POE switch, then you will need to activate them with your own password in the SADP tool.

Thanks Kyle.
All kit is new. The cameras are both connected directly to the NVR. They have both been activated via Chrome browser. They both work perfectly and are available on Hik Vision app and Chrome.
Have enabled virtual host in the NVR but can only log in to camera 2 with NVR admin/password.
Camera 1 says password invalid and I have 1 attempt left.

When you say they were activated in Chrome, what do you mean?
When activating a camera, you will always need to set your own password to do so - if you haven't done this, then it should have the NVR's password.

Was the NVR the very first thing that you connected both cameras to out of the box?
I.e. not an old NVR / POE switch?

A long shot, but if you log out of both the camera and NVR, and then try again, does the camera accept the password?
What I've seen happen before is if the password isn't entered correctly the first time, the camera will say any password you enter after that is incorrect (even if the right one), until you close/reopen the login page.

Hi Kyle. Thanks for replying. This is now resolved. I have no idea how. I thought I would try the password one last time before trying a reset on the camera and it accepted the password. It may be that closing and reopening the login page, as you said, did the trick.
Many thanks.

Back