01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

investigation

alistair_owlsec

i recently had a case of a hikvision hdcvi 16 channel dvr where a certain amount of computers was stolen out of a lab. dvr was set on motion detect. cam starts recording with no movement on screen....a flickering on video and 3 seconds later the laptop disappears. i reduced playback speed to 1/8th. still the same. the log file is a 168MB txt document and i have no idea where to start looking for tampering either remotely or on dvr. any advice would be mich appreciated as i can find no source in soith africa to assist me. thankyou guys

My first question would be, does the camera flash/drop image when a motion event occurs?

I am installing some cameras recording to a synology, if recording schedule or capture schedule is set up on the camera there is a flash/darkening of the image when an event happens, this takes a good 2-4 seconds for the image to come back to correct exposure.

If this is the case in your situation then I assume it was set up incorrectly and there was no tampering. However I dont know how the hikvision hdcvi 16 channel dvr works so I may be wrong.

Back