01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Cam changing NVR doesnt connect to the new NVR?

petroIPC

Hello, im newbie in this forum, also new with ip cam installation

So i have hard time figuring things out, i have several nvr with the same type ds 7600 series and IP Cam ds 2cd1043g0e-I and 2cd1043g0e-I

I installed first NVR, second NVR, third NVR, then i finally figured it out that if camera that have been installed in the first NVR will not work if i installed in the second or third NVR,

I thought the issues either from the ip address, NVR internal IP address or missed password, and thanks to that some of the IP cam i forgot the password just because i thought it need password to run and i forgot the password aswell, but even i remembered the password, sadp tool still cannot reset my ipcam ip address to its factory default ip.

This third NVR shows that even if i had different ip segment because i connect it to unmanaged poe switch first because poe switch connect directly to tp link router, it still does work as long its connected to the first NVR it connect to. If i change NVR then it will not work.

What this happening, i have no idea. Any suggestion ?

You will see in picture i upload

Different ip address but working
IMG_20230106_145105.jpg

Same ip address but not working because previously installed on different NVR
IMG_20230106_145321.jpg

Hi @petroIPC

I will try and break this down for you.

Hikvision NVRs use a separate subnet IP range (192.168.254.xxx) for cameras connected directly to the PoE ports.

When you plug a brand new Hikvision camera into the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR it will be assigned one of these subnet IP addresses and activated with the NVRs password/activation password (which is set during the initial configuration of the NVR).

Assuming you have set different passwords for each NVR, when you move the cameras between NVRs you might have the correct subnet IP address set on the camera (e.g. 192.168.254.17) but the password set on the camera from the 1st NVR is not recognised by the 2nd NVR.

If you do know the password that the camera has been assigned what you can do is connect it to the 2nd NVR and then click EDIT (pen icon) on one of the available channels, switch the channel from "Plug & Play" to "Manual", and then change the IP address and password of that channel to match the camera you moved from the 1st NVR.

If you don't know the password of the camera from the 1st NVR then your only option will be to Hard Reset the camera (with the physical reset button under the MicroSD card cover) when moving it between NVRs, then it will be reactivated on the 2nd/3rd NVR with their passwords.

Hi @petroIPC

I will try and break this down for you.

Hikvision NVRs use a separate subnet IP range (192.168.254.xxx) for cameras connected directly to the PoE ports.

When you plug a brand new Hikvision camera into the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR it will be assigned one of these subnet IP addresses and activated with the NVRs password/activation password (which is set during the initial configuration of the NVR).

Assuming you have set different passwords for each NVR, when you move the cameras between NVRs you might have the correct subnet IP address set on the camera (e.g. 192.168.254.17) but the password set on the camera from the 1st NVR is not recognised by the 2nd NVR.

If you do know the password that the camera has been assigned what you can do is connect it to the 2nd NVR and then click EDIT (pen icon) on one of the available channels, switch the channel from "Plug & Play" to "Manual", and then change the IP address and password of that channel to match the camera you moved from the 1st NVR.

If you don't know the password of the camera from the 1st NVR then your only option will be to Hard Reset the camera (with the physical reset button under the MicroSD card cover) when moving it between NVRs, then it will be reactivated on the 2nd/3rd NVR with their passwords.
Ive been trying this method, but its not working at all.
Also im not set password for all cameras, i used NVR instead.
But its still doesnt work, and my ipcam doesnt have push button.

Back