01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ip camera drop out ??

shaun

Hello.

Can anyone help please.

I currently have 5 IP cameras set up around my property but one is giving me some issues. the one in question is on my garage looking over the car which is parked on the main rd. the problem is that it keeps dropping out so i have no picture. It has power as the IR led's are illuminated in the nights it just the picture that goes.

If i shut power off to the camera and turn back on it will be back but it can go back off after a few hours sometimes a few days, it's typical that its the one camera that i really want constantly working as i can keep an eye on the car (and catch the peple who let thier dogs mess all over the path :mad: )

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi Shaun,
Step 1 is to make sure that all your HikVision devices are running the latest firmware.
Step 2 - if it continues, the camera's have a Log - does that give any clues as to what is happening?

[Sorry, I just realised I assumed HikVision. What brand are your cameras please?]

Hi Phil.

They are longse cameras that I purchased directly from the manufacturer. I’d need to check if the firmware is up to date and update if it isn’t. How do I carry that out ?

Do I access the camera via its IP address ?

Thanks

Hi Phil.

Thanks I’ll have to contact the supplier regarding the firmware update.

I have tried to access the camera via its IP address from my laptop when connect via ethernet cable to the router but I keep getting web page unreachable??? It’s the same for all the cameras but not the nvr when I type it’s IP address in. Any ideas what happening.

Thanks

Your camera will use a different IP address when it is directly connected to your NVR than what it will need if it is connected to your general network.
i.e.
Your NVR sets up a domain range under it - which it manages.
Your router sets up a domain range which it manages.
Two different domain ranges.
You'd probably need a utility from Longse to access the camera when it is connected to your general LAN and set it to an IP address within your LAN's domain range (before you can access it from a browser on your PC).
Whereas the NVR is at an address within your router's domain range, therefore you can access that from a browser.

Back