01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP camera freeze with lighting

PoweredByVeg

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P and one of the cameras is a DS-2CD2T45FWD-I5. This camera is on the front of my house and it has an LED motion detection flood light around 3 meters away. Of a night when this flood flight comes on the camera immediately freezes for around 2 seconds. Obviously this is some kind of sensor or something kicking in to alter the picture quality although I’m not sure. I do have it set to day time 24/7 so it doesn’t change to black and white. Anyone experienced this? I can upload a sample if necessary.

The b/w switchover was my first thought to be honest. A few of my cams do that at dawn/dusk and I've never been able to get rid of those false alarms. Let us know if you find the problem.

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P and one of the cameras is a DS-2CD2T45FWD-I5. This camera is on the front of my house and it has an LED motion detection flood light around 3 meters away. Of a night when this flood flight comes on the camera immediately freezes for around 2 seconds. Obviously this is some kind of sensor or something kicking in to alter the picture quality although I’m not sure. I do have it set to day time 24/7 so it doesn’t change to black and white. Anyone experienced this? I can upload a sample if necessary.

Is the floodlight pointed towards the camera and is the light source visible in the cameras field of view?

If this is the case you may see a stream delay as the camera has a data/bit rate spike trying to process the overexposure and glare from the light flashing on, I would try adjusting the angle of the floodlight or FoV of the camera so the light source is not in the frame. If the light source is not visible to the camera then I'm not sure why you would be seeing a delay.

It'd be good to be able to see what you're describing.
I guess that if there is a big step-change in lighting then the electronic iris etc. have to adjust in order to render a usable image, but I'd expect maybe a too bright image for a couple of seconds (not a freeze).

As ever, Step 1 would be to ensure that you have the latest firmware installed - check the portal.

Is this only apparent in the App?
i.e. does it also freeze like that when you view the playback on a local monitor or PC browser or iVMS-4200?

I haven't seen that effect before.
If it's not too much effort it'd be good to see a full-screen capture e.g. video extracted from the NVR's playback rather than the App.
And, I wonder if it is better or worse if you allow the camera to auto day/night switch i.e. the default settings.

Of course, Step 1 when we are dealing with any issues is to ensure that all the Hikvision kit involved is running the latest available firmware (in case they have become aware of an issue and fixed it in newer firmware).

I will try out what you said and get back to you in a few days, thanks for your time.

I have decided I’m just going to take down the flood light as I installed it years ago but now I have darkfighter cameras it’s kind of useless. The cats always set it off anyway. This will get rid of the freezing and sort my problem out and also save on electricity bills for the flood light.

thanks for your time in helping me Phil.

Back