01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Camera upgrade from analogue

hello i am doing a install ie IP Camera upgrade from analogue system for friend at his shop he has a old Analogue system installed now i have told him for the ip system he needs at least one new computer for the system but he has 4 monitors at the moment 1 in his office one in the kitchen one in a store room and then one on the shop floor its self now he does not want to have to buy 5 new computers and screens i'm sure the old screens are bnc connections is there anyway he can keep these screens and use them with the new system i'm new to doing CCTV i normally do intruder alarms i am going to site Monday to have a look so any info before then i and i will be grateful
Kind Regards
David

There isn't a straight forward / cost-effective solution to re-use those traditional CCTV monitors with an IP camera solution I'm afraid.

You can use a decoder for multiple monitors, but they cost an additional chunk of money, and will have VGA/HDMI outputs (not BNC).
Search results for: 'ds-640' ¦ use-IP Ltd

There are single-channel decoders available from some manufacturers. Most of these now have VGA/HDMI monitor outputs too (and will cost MORE than a new monitor).
ACTi ACD-3100 One-channel Video Decoder

You don't have to have a PC at each position.
You could use the VGA/HDMI output from the NVR and split/share that to each position (new monitors and new cables :( ).

Commonly, people use an App on their phone/tablet to check their IP camera system from any location.

Back