01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP config help

kilvo

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that i am facing with my Hikvision DVR. (DS-7208HUHI-K2/p

Currently i use a mesh system that gives me wifi upstairs. From the upstirs mesh box I have a wire to my cctv box.
I have had my virgin updated with a router HUB 4. The mesh system works fine. I need to change to virgin wifi pods. When i plug the cctv into the wifi pod i am unable to connect to my cctv box over a browser. The box indicates that its connected to the internet and, the wifi pod works fine when hard wired to a pc.

I don't understand how this could be an IP issue. As i plug the existing mesh back in and everything works fine.

thanks in advance :)

It's the first time that I have heard of Virgin WiFi Pods, can you share a link please?
Are they more than just mere WiFi Access Points?
Are they configurable?
Could they be blocking?
Is the DVR just at a different IP?
Have you got SADP on a PC on the same network?
If so, does that find and reveal the DVR's IP address?

Hi , thanks for the reply. They are a mesh system that VM provide. Just plug and play. Dont think you can configure them

Link : Intelligent WiFi & Intelligent WiFi Plus | Virgin Media

Not sure if they could be blocking
The DVR is the same IP that works with the old mesh. Soon as I plug it back in it connects straight away
Yes, I've got SADP that indicates the DVR is on the network. But doesn't show up on connected devices on the hub 4 settings page

So, SADP shows the DVR as being present on the network and at the same local network IP address regardless of which router and WiFi solution is in play?

Yes it shows as an ip address if I connect to old mesh and new mesh (Virgin wifi pods)

What is the IP address?
What happens when you enter that in your browser?
Which browser?

Check the IP address of your DVR. As the DVR has the same IP as the old mesh, it may not match the Virgin Media Hub and mesh and so can no longer communicate. You will need to make sure that the DVR IP address is 192.168.0.xxx and the Gateway is 192.168.0.1. That will ensure that it matches the Virgin Hub.

You don't mention what the previous mesh system was and also whether that was connected to an older Virgin Media Hub or a different providers router. Those two things will shine more light on the issue. For instance if you were previously with BT, the IP address will be 192.168.1.xxx with a Gateway of 192.168.1.254.

thanks both, really appreciate this.

So yes it was originally connected by an older virgin router which is now upgraded to hub 4 but, when i plug the old mesh into the new router it works fine. (Tenda Mesh)

So my router ip on the sticker of the new router says 192.168.0.1

When i want to connect to my Hik with the old mesh : 192.168.5.33 which connects fine

SADP Finds the DVR at 192.168.5.33 when connected with the virgin wifi pod

attached is the config of the Hik (When i connect using the old mesh)
thanks again

ip.jpg

Using SADP, set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1
Tick DHCP
Save
Feed back what you see next.

Sorry, rushing - outta here in 10mins.
Tick Auto DNS too.
And Save.

thanks both, really appreciate this.

So yes it was originally connected by an older virgin router which is now upgraded to hub 4 but, when i plug the old mesh into the new router it works fine. (Tenda Mesh)

So
Using SADP, set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1
Tick DHCP
Save
Feed back what you see next.
Yeah was just going to say. Simply change the Gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the IP to 192.168.0.250. The previous Tenda mesh was incorrectly setup in a double NAT configuration

If you select the DVR row in the results table in SADP you should see a pullout section at the right-side.
I'm assuming you have reverted to the Tenda mesh setup to capture the above image, and probs won't be able to do so / see it / login to the DVR with the new Virgin pod in play.

so... i ve changed the gateway to 192.168.0.1. Then i tried changing the IP to 198.168.0.250.

till wont connect :(

so... i ve changed the gateway to 192.168.0.1. Then i tried changing the IP to 198.168.0.250.

till wont connect :(
Did you do that in SADP and enter the admin password before clicking modify to save the change? If so it should work as the DVR will be on the same subnet as the Virgin Media Hub. It is of course possible that the 192.168.0.250 is already in use by another device. It would be unlikely as the Virgin Hub allocates addresses starting at 192.168.0.2 sequentially. However the one of the Virgin Pods may use that address so you could try 192.168.0.150 instead.

192.168.5.33 still returns nothing..
if you successfully changed the IP address to 192.168.0.250 that's the address you should be trying to connect to it at - through the Virgin pods NOT the previous Tenda setup.

No the Gateway needs to be 192.168.0.1

It's generally a lot easier if you make the IP address changes directly on the NVR using a monitor and mouse. As you only have a connection when you're connected through your old mesh that's making things more complicated than they need to be. If you can, I would disconnect the Tenda mesh, connect the Virgin pods back in and connect your DVR to the Virgin pod as you had previously. Then using the mouse and local DVR menu you can setup the DVR with its IP address etc as needed.

I've tried that ip too. I very confused now. I do appreciate your help...

Back