01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP-conflict-alert: 2 cameras assigned with the same default IP in NVR-config. menu?

Ventoux

IP-conflict-alert: I am trying to set up my new chinese takeaway HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2 (8p). I have 2 HIKVISION IP/PoE-cameras, but they have been assigned the same default IP-adress in the NVR's config. menu, so now I'm getting bombarded with these "IP-conflict-alerts" and none of the 2 cameras shows any image on my screen, even though I have made them "Active".

Neither my cameras nor my NVR is connected to the internet, please take this into account when offering advice.

I just want to use the 2 cameras + 1 HIKVISION PoE-switch + HIKVISION NVR + mouse and AG NEOVO QX-28 screen.

- How do I change the IP-adress of one or both my cameras using just the software in the NVR?

Last edited:
Hi @Ventoux

I think what is going to make this complicated is connecting the cameras to the NVR via the PoE switch, you will likely need to hard reset the cameras and then try and follow the steps in this YouTube video to connect the cameras correctly to a PoE switch that is directly connected to one of the PoE ports on the NVR.

If done correctly the NVR should be able to activate the cameras with individual subnet IP addresses (e.g. 192.168.254.4 / 192.168.254.6 / etc...).

Back