01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IPC-T140 Factory reset/forgetten password

CDAthomas1986

Hi Guys,

was hoping someone out their will be able to help.

I have 4 hikvision cameras that i stupidly bought from ebay as my local distributer had closed down.

i bought thema round 6 months ago and since then i have forgot the password for the admin account, i followed the procedure to get password reset files and keys,. where hikvision have told me that they werent from a uk distributer.

so i am now left with 4 cameras, 2 of which i have had to disable the power to them until i can gain access..

is there anyway to factor reset these devices to reactivate them? or an alternative way of resetting passwords

i have emailed the seller on ebay,. but he is away for 2 weeks.

thanks in advance

Hi,

What are the camera model numbers?

Most of the newer Hikvision cameras have a hard-reset button located beside the SD card slot, which will allow you to set up new admin passwords.

This guide explains it:

Updated 30th October 2018 - corrected the download link in the last line (Hikvision had changed the url)

Firstly, has your camera got a pushbutton for resetting it?

It's a pretty reliable rule of thumb that if your camera has a memory card slot it will also have a reset pushbutton (often located adjacent to the card slot).

In HikVision's naming nomenclature an 'F' in the product code denotes 'F for Flash' meaning it can accept a memory card.

A few cameras in the previous R6 Family range have it.
All cameras in the current G1 Family / EasyIP 3.0 have card slots and pushbutton reset.

To reset your camera back to factory defaults:
  1. Disconnect the power supply.
  2. Press and hold the reset button.
  3. Keep holding the reset button and restore the power supply.
  4. Continue to hold the reset button for a further 10 seconds.
  5. Release the button and allow the camera to complete a restart/reboot.

When you check the camera in SADP after resetting it should show as 'inactive' and will require you to start afresh.
The first thing you'll be required to do in SADP is set a password.

All settings will be reset by a pushbutton reset, so you will need to re-configure the camera's IP address, network settings, time, OSD, etc.

We would recommend that you also check for and update to the latest available firmware for your camera model:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

See also:
How to reset a Hikvision camera to factory default settings via your browser

Hi @CDAthomas1986

We have never sold HiWatch cameras but as @Kyle has said most Hikvision cameras do feature a hard reset button which is usually found behind the MicroSD card cover, but I can see from the datasheet this model doesn't support a MicroSD card so I don't know if this model does support a reset button and if it doesn't then the only way to reset the camera will be to contact Hikvision or the seller with the reset files.

(one last thing you could check would be to open the ball of the turret to see if the reset button is actually inside)

@Kyle the model is IPC-T140,

i will have a look at the physical device tonight whe i get in from work to see if it has a button,. as @Dan is correct,. this model doesn't accept SD cards.

Back