01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IR adjustment

Weasel

Hi guys...hope it is ok to post questions about analogue cameras on the forum, so here goes.

I have a new AoC camera on the side of the house, I don't know the exact model number but it is very similar to the DS-2CE76HOT-ITMFS in looks and spec.

The problem I am having is with the IR, the picture is very dark at night with almost no IR coverage except off the wall.

Screenshot_20210819-221235.png

Is it possible that the exposure control is reacting to the bright IR reflection on the wall and underexposing the rest of the scene thus nullifying the IR coverage?

Also, when I have tried to adjust the IR manually in the camera parameters but the setting control is greyed out and permanently stuck on setting 1.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy...

Hi @Weasel

Yes, the overexposure of the wall will likely be making the rest of the image much darker, we would recommend angling the camera further to the right to reduce the amount of wall visible in the camera's FoV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much, Dan...I will give that a go.

As for the IR Brightness Control slider in the camera parameters, is there a reason this would be locked out?

Do you have a screenshot of this locked brightness control? From our experience of Hikvision Network IR cameras, we have not seen these controls locked before, but it might be different for analog cameras.

I tried to upload one on the first post but I think it might be a bit to large size wise, so I'll try later.

Thanks Dan

I have adjusted the camera this morning to cover less of the wall, so we'll see how it looks tonight.

Here is a picture of the IR Brightness Control slider, sorry for the poor quality image, it was a mobile phone shot of the monitor screen.

On two of my other cameras the IR Brightness slider is working, just not on this camera.

IMG_20210820_095735814.jpg

The image is considerably better after moving the camera position, the IR and exposure are much better now.

Cheers Dan.

Screenshot_20210821-225952.png

Reactions: Dan
Back