01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IR transmitter on the front of my DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR?

Nightbadger

Hi All,
I setting up a HDMI Extender on my NVR which is upstairs and give me the ability to view on the front room tv.
However for me to use the NVR remote, the HDMI extender has a IR transmitter and a IR receiver
my question is where about is the best place to stick the IR transmitter on the front of the NVR to get the best signal .
The NVR is a DS-7616NI-I2/16P.

Attachments

• nvr front .jpg
    nvr front .jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Hi All,
I setting up a HDMI Extender on my NVR which is upstairs and give me the ability to view on the front room tv.
However for me to use the NVR remote, the HDMI extender has a IR transmitter and a IR receiver
my question is where about is the best place to stick the IR transmitter on the front of the NVR to get the best signal .
The NVR is a DS-7616NI-I2/16P.
Just take the lid off. 2 screws each side and 4 at the back. You'll be able to see the connection from the PCB to the sensor at the rear of the front panel so you can position it straight over the top. Honestly you would be better using a mouse - either via a HDMI and USB extender; or alternatively just use a (up to) 10m USB extension cable. If you can get the end of the extension cable and receiver directly above where you want control, it'll work through the floor. The remote control is awful - on every system I fit I put them straight in the bin.

Upvote 0
Yes totally agree that the remote are awful, I already had the hdmi extender and thought I use the remote to control the nvr .
however its a nightmare to use. therefore I picked up a hdmi kvm which has 3 usb ports on the front.
so got full control of the nvr on frontroom tv by using the mouse. and with it having 3 usb ports I can also plug in a usb stick to transfer files or any firmware .

Upvote 0
on another note, just spotted that when I click on play back, its says No Resource .
all the recording are at the bottom. just nothing shown on screen apart it saying No Resource
can hear what the camera has picked up.

Upvote 0
Back