01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is it possible to play camera audio/sound on hikvision NVR by default?

squidfrog

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 (Firmware Version: V4.32.115). The connected cameras all have built in microphones. When viewing the cameras through the NVR (HDMI out to tv/monitor). Is it possible to play the audio by default?

By default it seems audio is muted for each camera. Clicking the speaker icon unmutes the camera but if I switch to the next camera and unmute that the previous camera is muted again when I switch back. Basically only one camera can be unmuted at a single time. Also when rebooted all are muted. I understand this makes sense when multiple cameras are displayed but surely I shouldn't have to unmute each time when viewing a single camera.

Ideally I want the sound to play by default for every camera when I switch to it. The IVMS-4500 app on my phone plays audio by default. This NVR is going to end up connected to a living room TV and channels/cameras will be switched using the IR remote (which works well for quickly flicking between cameras). However there is no way to unmute using the IR remote. A mouse will be difficult to use from the sofa and it's annoying to have to unmute each time anyway.

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 (Firmware Version: V4.32.115). The connected cameras all have built in microphones. When viewing the cameras through the NVR (HDMI out to tv/monitor). Is it possible to play the audio by default?

By default it seems audio is muted for each camera. Clicking the speaker icon unmutes the camera but if I switch to the next camera and unmute that the previous camera is muted again when I switch back. Basically only one camera can be unmuted at a single time. Also when rebooted all are muted. I understand this makes sense when multiple cameras are displayed but surely I shouldn't have to unmute each time when viewing a single camera.

Ideally I want the sound to play by default for every camera when I switch to it. The IVMS-4500 app on my phone plays audio by default. This NVR is going to end up connected to a living room TV and channels/cameras will be switched using the IR remote (which works well for quickly flicking between cameras). However there is no way to unmute using the IR remote. A mouse will be difficult to use from the sofa and it's annoying to have to unmute each time anyway.
Unfortunately not.

I wouldn't recommend using the remote - I throw them in the bin as soon as I open the box. They don't work well and it's ridiculously complicated to playback, select a date etc.

Just get a Logitech M185 wireless mouse from Amazon - they're £10 - £13 usually. A wireless mouse if you're within range is by far the easiest way to control the recorder. My recorder is in the loft space above where I sit and it works fine. If the range is an issue or your NVR is buried behind other equipment you can plug the wireless receiver for the mouse into a USB extension cable, to get it within wireless range (I've used these extensions up to 10 metres)

Unfortunately not.

I wouldn't recommend using the remote - I throw them in the bin as soon as I open the box. They don't work well and it's ridiculously complicated to playback, select a date etc.

Just get a Logitech M185 wireless mouse from Amazon - they're £10 - £13 usually. A wireless mouse if you're within range is by far the easiest way to control the recorder. My recorder is in the loft space above where I sit and it works fine. If the range is an issue or your NVR is buried behind other equipment you can plug the wireless receiver for the mouse into a USB extension cable, to get it within wireless range (I've used these extensions up to 10 metres)
Thanks for the reply. That's annoying about the sound, I seem to remember a dahua NVR I setup was able to play sound by default.

Yes I agree the remote is useless for most things, but it's actually pretty good for quickly flicking between the live cameras (using the arrow buttons) or switching window divisions. I've got an IR extender too so the NVR can be tucked away.

In this case it's going to be setup for an elderly technophobic person. They won't be comfortable using a mouse, and certainly not from their sofa. Not to mention eyesight would be an issue with the pointer/icons too. All they want to do is switch between the live view cameras, not interested in playback or anything. In fact I'm going to disable all but the essential buttons on the remote to make it foolproof.

An Amazon driver actually just dropped off that exact mouse, it's going to be the backup option :)

Last edited:
Back