01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Is SecuritySpy from Ben Software Ltd a replacement for iVMS-4200 Mac?

Mr Agnvik

Is SecuritySpy from Ben Software Ltd a replacement for iVMS-4200 Mac?

Absolutely!
After many years, I finally decided to switch to SecuritySpy v.6, and I don’t regret it. A license for 4 cameras costs £84.75, including two years of support. Don’t forget the support during the 30-day trial period, during which I got everything working as I wanted.

BenSoftware is an active developer, so the software evolves over time. iVMS-4200 is essentially a Windows program that has stagnated in the Mac environment, while SecuritySpy is a 100% Mac program with a pleasant interface, offering everything you could wish for. With support for a wide range of IP cameras and advanced features, it is, in my opinion, one of the best options on the market, both for home and business users looking for a reliable solution.

I bought an old Mac Mini 2012, 4 GB for about €100, and upgraded the internal memory to 16 GB. On bensoftware.com, you can check which new and old Mac models work with the number of cameras. I’ve connected an old external HD to the Mac Mini. The Mac Mini, router, and cameras are all connected to a TP-Link TL-SG1008P. You can find detailed connection instructions on bensoftware.com.

I use Screen Sharing with the Mac Mini from my iMac 2013.

SecuritySpy System Requirements Calculator - Ben Software

(Internal memory: Corsair Mac Memory CMSA16GX3M2A1600C11 DDR3L SODIMM RAM, Green, 2 x 8 GB Price about €83)

To find and change IP addresses, I used the SADP software. SADP software is used for searching for online devices in the same network. It supports viewing device information, activating the device, editing network parameters, and resetting device passwords, etc.

SADP(mac64)

Since I was so pleased with SecuritySpy v.6, I also purchased the iPhone app SecuritySpy, where I can view all my cameras. I opened ports on my router (Port Forward) for my cameras. I used https://canyouseeme.org to check that everything matched the IP addresses I had selected. To correctly set up my router, I used ChatGPT, where I provided my router model and what I needed to do. I then received a correct step-by-step response for my specific router. Very useful!

One of my cameras, the Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW 4MP 2.8mm IP PoE Indoor IR Wireless WiFi Cube Camera with WDR, is 5 km away at my elderly mother’s living room, and I get the feed by using https://www.noip.com with Dynamic IP address.

No-IP: Use Remote Access and DDNS to Easily Connect to Your Internet Connected Devices From Anywhere, Anytime

In summary, I am incredibly satisfied with SecuritySpy v.6 and consider it a fantastic replacement for iVMS-4200, especially for Mac users. With its user-friendly interface, impressive features, and exceptional customer support, I highly recommend giving SecuritySpy v.6 a try. Ben Software’s support team has always been helpful and patient when I needed assistance, which made all the difference.

Good luck, and as a bonus for those who decide to purchase the software after the trial, Ben Software is offering a 10% discount valid until 31 Dec 2024 by using the code "USE-IP".

Magnus Agnvik

4o

Reactions: Dan
Back