01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issue with Camera at Night (מצב לילה)

gadi

מצלמת IP של Hikoizen, במצב יום אתה יכול לראות בצורה מושלמת.
במצב לילה, אתה רואה חושך מוחלט למרות שהנוריות דולקות.
למה זה קורה

"Hikoizen IP camera, in day mode you can see perfectly.
In night mode, you see total darkness even though the LEDs are on.
why is it happening"

Hi @gadi

Can you please confirm the camera model you having this issue with?
Can you please share screenshots of the live images you are getting during the day & night?

היי,
מצלמה ds-2cd2542fwd-i
במהלך היום רואים היטב.
בלילה רואים חושך מוחלט

"Hey,
Camera ds-2cd2542fwd-i
During the day you can see well.
At night you see complete darkness"

Okay,

Can you definitely see the pink/red glow of the IR LEDs at night?
Has the camera been working before and this night problem just happened or is the camera newly installed and this happened on the first night?

הנוריות דולקות במצב לילה.
קיבלתי את המצלמה עם התקלה.

"The LEDs are on in night mode.
I received the camera with the malfunction."

Okay,

I think the issue is likely a stuck IR filter, IR cameras use a physical motorised IR light filter that moves in & out of the way of the sensor.

During the day the filter should be in front of the sensor to stop the IR light found in sunlight reaching the sensor and then at night, the filter should move out of the way so the sensor can see the IR light emitted by the camera's LEDs.

I think the filter is stuck in front of the sensor and thus no IR light can reach the sensor at night.

If the camera is under warranty I would speak to whoever you bought it from and organise a repair or warranty replacement.

If you can see the LED Infra red but the image is dark, it sounds as though the Infra red cut filter has jammed. A tap with a screwdriver handle might free it

lol @Dan beat me to the answer by around 10 seconds (he types faster!)

Reactions: Dan
Haha sorry @JB1970 :)

@gadi you can try the screwdriver tap that @JB1970 recommends as this will sometimes permanently resolve the issue, but the next evening the issue might return and if it does this will mean the unit is faulty and will need to be returned/repaired/replaced.

Hey,
I unloaded the wheel, and arranged the working shutter.
Another problem arose, during the day, the color is kind of pink.
How can it be fixed?

Hey,
I unloaded the wheel, and arranged the working shutter.
Another problem arose, during the day, the color is kind of pink.
How can it be fixed?
It sounds as though the shutter is not working.

During daylight, the infra-red cut filter should be closed, covering the lens, so that infra-red is blocked during daytime.
During darkness, the infra-red cut filter should be open, allowing the camera to use the infra-red light from it's illuminator.

If the filter is not covering the lens during the daylight you'll see that pink colouring in the image.

Back