01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issue with setting Hikvision DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1 camera's resolution?

dsa

Hi people,

I have this Hikvision set:
-DS-7608NI-I2
-ColorVu 4mp IP camera turret
-2 pieces Hikvision DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1
-Ezviz C1C 2 mp
-Boavision Ip camera 2 mp linked by ONVIF on HIK NVR

My issue is: In first piece Hikvision DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1 I choose max resolution (2560x1920). In second Hikvision DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1 I only have to choice 2304x1296 for max resolution. See photos bellow. In same time as you see in first Hikvision (2560x1920) there is totaly different choice for frame rates unlike second camera. Whats wrong here? Can I set second Hikvision camera for same resolution as first 2560x1920? In both cameras is same firmware (see photo)

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 323
  • photo1.1.jpg
    photo1.1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 315
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 327
  • photo2.2.jpg
    photo2.2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 254
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 269
Solution
It's simply because of the frame rate. The camera is only capable of the maximum resolution at 12.5 frames per second.

Because you have 25 FPS selected on the camera, it is disabling the higher frame rate. You need to drop the problem camera first to 12.5 frames per second and apply it - once you've done that the higher resolution setting will be available. This is confirmed in the specification as shown below

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 19.44.47.png
It's simply because of the frame rate. The camera is only capable of the maximum resolution at 12.5 frames per second.

Because you have 25 FPS selected on the camera, it is disabling the higher frame rate. You need to drop the problem camera first to 12.5 frames per second and apply it - once you've done that the higher resolution setting will be available. This is confirmed in the specification as shown below

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 19.44.47.png

Upvote 1
Solution

View attachment 6157
learnt something new, thank you.

Upvote 0
learnt something new, thank you.
I cheated and found the data sheet online to be fair. I’ve not seen that very often in IP, those restrictions are often present on the HDTVI DVRs. The 8mp AcuSense are restricted to 20 FPS at full resolution.

Upvote 0
I cheated and found the data sheet online to be fair. I’ve not seen that very often in IP, those restrictions are often present on the HDTVI DVRs. The 8mp AcuSense are restricted to 20 FPS at full resolution.
I thought there was a limitation on the camera channel bitrate, that's why I suggested changing to variable bitrate and reducing video quality.

Upvote 0
I thought there was a limitation on the camera channel bitrate, that's why I suggested changing to variable bitrate and reducing video quality.
Interesting that you should say that @David as I've just found something that had previously gone unnoticed (to me at least).

Max bit rate was always 16 Mbps (16384) regardless of the cameras resolution and that goes back to the early H264 only models (I have most of the old data sheets on file). This has quietly changed. Up to and including all G1 models the max bit rate was still 16384. However with the introduction of the G2 models the maximum bit rate of 16384 is only available for 8 megapixel variants - the 4 megapixel models and below have all been reduced to a maximum of 8 Mbps (8192). So for instance the original 2347G1 ColorVu can run at 16 Mbps while the 2347G2 can only run at 8Mbps. In practice, using H265, that's not really significant. However if you were running one of the new (4 MP) models with H264 encoding at full frame rate, you'd could have issues with a particularly complex or active scene, because the Hikvision recommended maximum for 4MP resolution, 25 FPS is 8192 - the limit; and their recommendations are based on medium compression with a recommendation to increase this for more complex scenes.

Upvote 0
Back