01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issues with firmware upgrade to V4.22.005

julianF

Hi everyone,

After upgrading the firmware of my NVR DS-7732NI-I4/16P to the latest firmware available on the Hikvision website V4.22.005 build 191208, I can no longer log in with my previous username and password, nor I can set my username in the login page. I can just choose one of the unreadable preset values.

Any clue how I can resolve? Please help....

Thanks,
Jul

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4878.jpg
    IMG_4878.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4877.jpg
    IMG_4877.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 221
Hi @julianF

Something very strange has happened here, that v4.22.005 firmware has been out for a while, we have used it, and many other users have used it and not encountered this issue.

Do you have the NVR connected to your local network? Have you tried logging in via browser with the original password?
If it is on your network can you open SADP on a PC/Mac on the same network and confirm that the NVR is active?

Yes, as @fullboogie says can you also please post a link to the site where you downloaded this firmware from?

Hi All,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
@Dan, please see attached what I see with SADP. The static IP previously assigned to the NVR has changed and apparently I have no changes to modify if (and anything else) from SADP. It does not look either in the range automatically assigned by DHCP (192.168.1.100-192.168.1.199)

@fullboogie, I've downloaded the firmware from this page: DS-7732NI-I4/16P|Pro Series|Hikvision
The link is exactly https://www.hikvision.com/content/d...rmware/NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.22.005_191208.zip

Hi @julianF

There is no SADP screenshot attached, can you attach it please as I don't quite understand what you are describing.

In regards to the link, that firmware has come from Hikvision's global website, we usually recommend that if you are UK/EU based that you download firmware from the Hikvision Download Portals.

UK Portal
EU Portal

There is little difference between the EU & UK firmwares, so even if you are in EU then we would still recommend the most up to date firmware (v4.40.010) which is available on the UK portal.

Hi @Dan,

Apologies, the screenshot is now attached.

I'm actually based in Australia. I understand that the UK/EU portal is better to use for the firmware download, but the real question is now how I can update the firmware again in the condition I have.

Appreciated your help, thanks.

Attachments

• SADP.png
    SADP.png
    93 KB · Views: 202
Thanks for screenshot @julianF

What happens when you actually select the NVR in SADP? (e.g. tick the box on the far left of the list) Do you see the device details on the right and can you edit them or are they greyed out?

Hi @Dan,

Thanks, when I tick the box it looks I can edit the device details. But now the problem is that the NVR does not recognize my password.
I requested HikVision to provide the input file to reset the password and apparently it works, but then I get an error when I try to use it.
So bad....

Attachments

• SADP.png
    SADP.png
    32 KB · Views: 172
  • password reset.png
    password reset.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 180
  • wrong password.png
    wrong password.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 183
Ok, I would try resetting the password again and when you set the new one make sure it is a strong password with letters, numbers, and special characters because we have seen issues in the past relating to weak passwords and the new security measures that Hikvision have introduced in recent firmware.

Done, the password reset is ok, but still error message when I use the new password :-(((

Ok, in those earlier screenshots you tried the password in SADP but have you tried logging in with a browser?

If that still doesn't work then the last thing I can recommend is to install iVMS-4200 on your PC and try adding the NVR to that software, in iVMS you can then access the settings of the NVR and you should be able to try downgrading the firmware and reinstall a different version of the firmware.

If that also doesn't work then I think you will have to take the issue directly to who you bought from or Hikvision support and get their advice.

The problem I'm afraid is with the default IP address taken by the NVR 192.0.0.64. I can't connect to the web interface I guess because my router handles IP address 192.168.1.* .
With iVMS-4200 i have a similar behaviour. My NVR is found as on line but then when I try to add it goes off line.
I should probably connect my computer directly to IT as suggested in the attached guide, page 10. Just wondering if I need a crossover cable.
Wish just to tell everyone that for a basic firmware upgrade I have fallen in a nightmare. That's not good for HikVision.

Attachments

Back