01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I've updated Firmware. Having some issues regarded Intrusion/Line Crossing. Can anyone help?

jpmayo82

Hi,
My device model is DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P. This morning I was asked to update the Firmware (V4.82.100 build 240606), which I did. All went smoothly. I had a quick look at the new interface and left it it at that.
My problem is - before, I had set up the camera to detect Intrusion and Line-Crossings, when people entered the pathway into my mother's house. All worked perfectly. Never had any problems. The 'Target Detection' down the left-hand side of the interface, would show 4 alerts, and in the 'thumbnail' a green box would show around the person who had entered the Intrusion area and who had crossed Line-Crossing.
It was so useful, because it INSTANTLY helped to differentiate from the Motion Detection that was set up to monitor just outside the house.
Motion Detection would pick up all the people passing, and Target Detective would show it on the left-hand side, but, there would be no green box around the human. PERFECT. Anything with a green box - Intrusion/Line-Crossing.
Now - I still get the alert/s that there has been an Intrusion/Line-Crossing detection, but, the green boxes that you used to appear, now no longer do.
Can anyone offer any suggestions/help?
Thanks.

Hi @jpmayo82

Yes there are no more green or red boxes in Search tab for recorded events or for those seen on left side Alarm list(100 events).
I cannot remember last firmware that those could be seen.
Same way, there are no and they never were at whatever kind of Playback, when Display VCA info is enabled.
Also in HikConnect, those rectangles and all VCA info or motion, are visible in Playback only if timeline slider is not manually moved to next Event, are visible in Events Messages for each camera and are not visible in Notifications Playback.
A mess...
By the way, did you ever happen to use the By Rule Search in Playback, Normal or Event, with previous firmwares?
And what is the model-firmware for your cameras?

Hi @jpmayo82

Yes there are no more green or red boxes in Search tab for recorded events or for those seen on left side Alarm list(100 events).
I cannot remember last firmware that those could be seen.
Same way, there are no and they never were at whatever kind of Playback, when Display VCA info is enabled.
Also in HikConnect, those rectangles and all VCA info or motion, are visible in Playback only if timeline slider is not manually moved to next Event, are visible in Events Messages for each camera and are not visible in Notifications Playback.
A mess...
By the way, did you ever happen to use the By Rule Search in Playback, Normal or Event, with previous firmwares?
And what is the model-firmware for your cameras?
Hi.
My device model is DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P. My firmware version is V4.82.100 build 240606
I'm pretty new to Hikvision/security cameras. I only had a two camera (front and back) to monitor my house in London, because... well, it's London.
I've had they system/setup since April/May 2023. At first, being a novice, I didn't even set up Intrusion/Line Crossing for at least 6 months and relied on Motion Detection.
Once Intrusion/Line Crossing was activated I began to see green boxes in the Target Detection (left-hand side) of the menu. So, I knew that of the boxes displayed (4 most recent), if they contained a green box - it was an Intrusion or Line Crossing. If there were no green boxes - it was a Motion Detection.

Regarding Playback - I see no indication on the timeline of of any events.

2 weeks ago, I came to this forum, and another, looking for help regarding the HikConnect App, as I can longer download clips from it.
You're right. A MESS.

I avoided downloading the plug-in on the computer I am using now, because - on another machine I installed it on - EVERY TIME on a Windows startup I would be prompted with the message "Do you want install plug-in?". I installed it yesterday on the computer I'm using now and yep - being asked the same question on startup.

NB - How to install the latest Hikvision web components browser plugin properly:
(so that you are not then repeatedly prompted to install it)

Back