01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Ivms-4200 cameras & time out of sync. Long delay?

RamblinMan

I searched in the forum and was surprised I didn't find this already mentioned. Apologies if I searched incorrectly.

I've been trying to get my equipment squared away. I'm using IVMS-4200 on my Mac. I installed the latest version this evening. I have an HIK NVR and 7 cameras. I also use the IOS devices. On my NVR when I check it via the monitor it is connected to, the cameras and times are all in sync. If I view the same cameras on my iphone ios apps, all good there as well.

On my mac using IVMS_4200, I've been spending a good amount of time researching the time zone settings and I'm not making progress. I have two issues:

1. My 7 cameras always show different times. Some are 3 minutes behind of others, only a couple may match at a time.
2. Some cameras just seemed to freeze and stop showing anything. Then they will "catch up" and jump to the current time for a bit.

I've experimented with setting the time manually on the NVR and using a server to sync. I've gone with the server but nothing seems to resolve the 4200 on my Mac so that I'm looking at current video with an accurate time stamp.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Back