01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS 4200 New user in need of guidance

DaveRaveWilliamz

Hi I have just installed my Hikvision system and can now see images from my cameras through the IVMS 4200 lite which I have installed on my PC. My question is what next? Sounds daft but I dont know if these images are being recorded and if so I cant work out how to watch back a recording? where are the recordings stored are they cloud based?
Confused but Im guessing this is the place to ask right?!

Hi @DaveRaveWilliamz

What is your system made up of? (both cameras and NVR, or just cameras?)
If you're using an NVR, you will likely be recording to the hard drive in the NVR, so this is what you'll need to add to iVMS-4200.

The best thing for you to do will be to follow the steps in the "Setting up a recording schedule" section of the Megathread linked by @David above, which covers the setup for where to and when your recordings are stored in the web browser view for you cameras/NVR (if you have an NVR, you'll need to access its browser view rather than the cameras by searching for its IP in the address bar).

Once you've done this, you shouldn't need to do any further config for recordings in iVMS-4200, and you should be able to use the playback tab at the top of the software to view any recorded footage.

Back