01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS-4200 won't span back as far as NVR, any ideas why?

mattstyles

Hi all, I have 10 cameras and NVR. I use iVMS-4200 on several computers to monitor from different parts of the home. On any of these iVMS installations, I can right click and choose “instant playback” to go back in time. But I only just noticed the iVMS will only go back around 24 hours, yet I have over a month of recordings on the NVR which I can scroll back through. Since all my pictures on iVMS come from the NVR (no recording on PCs, iVMS is just a window into the NVR), I don’t understand why this is the case. If anyone knows, I’d be grateful for a heads up :)
Thanks

Hi @mattstyles

Instant Playback is accessed from the live stream menu and is designed to give you access to the most recent footage.

You need to go to the Remote Playback menu, select the specific camera from the NVR, select a time period you want to view, search for it, and then view it in the playback timeline.

PS, Since you seem to have a fair bit of experience, which software (free or paid) would you recommend as an upgrade/replacement for ivms-4200 (Which is buggy at best!) thanks

Sorry I didn't get an email alert for your reply.
I am using both Mac and PC but I am looking at buying a dedicated machine just for monitoring cameras, controlling PTZ, and as a secondary recorder for extra safety. I will probably buy a windows machine because I bought the Hikvision joystick controller, only to find it doesn't work on Mac iVMS-4200. Grr.

PS, Since you seem to have a fair bit of experience, which software (free or paid) would you recommend as an upgrade/replacement for ivms-4200 (Which is buggy at best!) thanks
May i ask you to expand on what you mean by "Buggy at Best".

From experience, issues with iVMS4200 & viewing/managing multiples of Network Cameras etc, is rarely a software issue.
Many factors can contribute to VMS problems, such as:

1. A gross misunderstanding of the intention of a Video Surveillance System.
2. Sacrificing High Quality Video Recordings for exceptional Live View Images.
3. Some unexplainable delusion an Old "Dell Intel Core i3 Celeron" Laptop you paid $1500 for 10 years ago (just can't let it go), can some how manage processing 8/16/32+ Live Video Streams simultaneously, without popping a hemorrhoid, is just the right device for this task.
4. Ignoring the fact that your 8/16/32+ Live Video Feeds are competing with every other IOT device, including the Teenage Son you can hear in the next room Super Sucking the Network in a Fortnite Rampage, while the wife has got the 80" Smart TV on Netflix, binge watching the latest season of "Bridgerton" ............................. all being negotiated on your network by a "user friendly plug & play" Modem/Gateway your ISP provider sent you.

But hell yeah, i'm sure there is some 3rd Party VMS product out there that can compensate for all of this and more, while fixing the "Buggy at Best" issues your currently experiencing.

Let us know how you go.

Hi @mattstyles

Instant Playback is accessed from the live stream menu and is designed to give you access to the most recent footage.

You need to go to the Remote Playback menu, select the specific camera from the NVR, select a time period you want to view, search for it, and then view it in the playback timeline.
Hello Dan, I was using an old version, and when I click on the instant playback button, it shows me a tape for the whole day. Now it shows me only 3 hours, so how do I make it the whole day, knowing that my current version is 3.6.1.6

Back