01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Language and wizard upon repower

gooch

Why does my DS-7716NI-K4 ask to select language and go through wizard every time it is down powered and powered up again? Why can it not just reboot in to English automatically. It gets frustrating and am wondering as to what may happen in a power cut/restore situation.

Why does my DS-7716NI-K4 ask to select language and go through wizard every time it is down powered and powered up again? Why can it not just reboot in to English automatically. It gets frustrating and am wondering as to what may happen in a power cut/restore situation.

There's a tickbox when doing the wizard if you want to start the wizard each time.

On a power cycle, your NVR will work as normal.

Screenshot_82.png

In order to get to wizard, will I need to repower NVR or can it be found anywhere in menus? Many thanks.

In order to get to wizard, will I need to repower NVR or can it be found anywhere in menus? Many thanks.

The wizard is just a subset of the menus found within the NVR. So all settings found during the wizard will be available in other menus of the NVR

Hi @gooch

If you go into Configuration > General you will see at the bottom of that page a setting labelled Enable Wizard, if you untick this you will disable the wizard and next time the NVR reboots/powers down you won't be asked for the wizard steps before logging in.

Back