01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest firmware for my Hikvision DS-2CD1043G0-I?

IreuN

Hello there!

I recently bought two cameras DS-2CD1043G0-I, first one came with FW v5.5.800 build 210628, the second one came with v5.7.0 build 210908.
I've tried to look for the second FW on the internet, but i failed.
I found that this camera is the E8 HW version, which led me to the firmware called IPCE_R_E8_EN_STD_5.7.1_211102.zip, which was not found on hikvisioneurope.com. You can google the file name, I'm nut sure if I can post a link. :)

Does anyone know what are the differences between these three firmwares? Am I safe to update these camera to the latest one? Is it worth it?

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Hi @IreuN

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's an E8 series camera... maybe G0 series?

How did you determine it is E8 series... can you log into the camera GUI and check the "Firmware Version Property" under Configuration/System/System Settings/Basic Information?

This may help also... if it is a camera affected by the recent "Command Injection Vulnerability" you can use the following link to check for the latest firmware using the camera's serial number:

Sure, exactly by looking at firmware version property. ;)

IMG_20220501_004538.png

So, I was wrong! :)

Did you try the link to see if it gives any clues?

Look at the post above. I've found the firmware v5.7.0 for this camera. Thank you :)

Yes, I seen that... you seem to have found the firmware that came on your second camera so I guess it should be safe to install it on the first camera...

Does anyone know what are the differences between these three firmwares? Am I safe to update these camera to the latest one? Is it worth it?

At this point, you may be the best person to answer those questions!

If you are not sure, the site administrations here usually answer questions Monday morning after the weekend and if anyone knows it's probably them.

Back