01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest firmware for my HIKVISION DS-7208HUHI-K1 DVR?

chrisuk

Have been looking at what I think are firmware files for HIKVISION DS-7208HUHI-K1. Have patched to 4.25.001 and then 4.30.101 but the dates on firmware files with later numbers are earlier than 4.25.001. Am I right in thinking that 4.30.301 supersedes 4.30.120 which supersedes 4.30.110 etc?

Hi @chrisuk

You are correct, ignore the dates down the right side of the firmware list as they only relate to when the firmware was uploaded to the portal or when the firmware file/folder was modified which is why the dates don't always make sense.

The build numbers next to the firmware are the actual release date of the firmware in the Chinese date format - e.g. V4.30.301_Build210423 was released 23/04/21

Thanks. Do I have to patch sequentially, or can I just install the latest file?

We don't work with analog DVRs so our knowledge is limited as to how big or small the changes are with the firmware versions you are updating through, but based on our experience of IP equipment I don't think there should be any issue updating straight to the latest version as you are only updating through sub-versions of the v4.30.xxx firmware.

@Dan - there are a couple of anomalies with the DVR firmware files and version numbers. There are some instances where a newer build firmware has a lower version number (I'm referring to the build date in the filename as opposed to the upload date on the portal). I queried this and apparently it's because sometimes firmware that previously supported multiple models is split into two branches. I had a job last week where I had to update a DVR (DS7204HQHI-K1/P) from version 4.25.000 to 4.20.002 - the latter was two years newer! As if it wasn't difficult enough to pick the correct DVR platform....

Reactions: Dan
We don't work with analog DVRs so our knowledge is limited as to how big or small the changes are with the firmware versions you are updating through, but based on our experience of IP equipment I don't think there should be any issue updating straight to the latest version as you are only updating through sub-versions of the v4.30.xxx firmware.
This is a general question re: DVR firmware updates. Is there any place online that I can see what changes/improvements etc, have been made for each revision update? e.g. I have for my DS-7216HUHI-K2, V4.25.001 Build 201107 firmware currently running. What does V4.30.301 Build 210423 change or improve over my current firmware?

Hi @fromjusttheking

There is no consistent log of all the updates introduced by every firmware, most big firmware updates will include a release notes document but not all of them come with these release notes. This is the case with the v4.30.301 and so we can only recommend searching this firmware version on the forum or Google to see if anyone else has updated to it and listed any updates/fixes they have noticed.

Back