01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Light link trigger off during day, is it posible? - DS-2CD2347G2-LU

Rectro30

Hi

I go the new firmware for light ink Led light-triggered events, working great so far. The problem is I cant seem to find a way to turn this feature off during the day, I only need this on during night. I want to keep the same Event triggers and notifications during the day, just not the lights coming on.

In both my two image profiles one schedule for day , one for night they both have Smart Supplement Light and Supplement Light Mode Off, but the day profile is set to day, night set to night hoping that part of the settings stands but it seems nothing in the image settings functions or has any effect on Led triggers.

So in Smart Events I was hoping the schedule allows me to draw out Linkage methods used but that's not possible either and there is no way to schedule Events for profile schedules.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dan

Hi @Rectro30

The Smart Supplement Light option in the image settings just refers to how the LED will automatically adjust itself to suit the scene and does not have anything to do with how this behaves when switched on by a linked event. This is controlled via the Linkage Method page for each event, where you can only enable/disable this function, and set the time you would like the light to stay on for.

I think you would need to set up two separate differing events and use the arming schedules to have one enabled during the day, and one at night (e.g., Intrusion Detection and either Line Crossing or Motion Detection). I believe you can only set the linked LED as on or off for each event and not on its own schedule, which is why two separate events would be needed - one for during the day with the 'LED Light' box unticked, and one for at night with it ticked:

1615805482930.png

Thanks for your reply. I currently have all event types armed day and night. I think what your suggesting is to sacrifice both day and night security by not having all event types used to trigger the lights. For instance if I had intrusion detection during day with light trigger off, I could not enable led light trigger for intrusion detection at night as the Arming schedule is either on or off and only one schedule can be used per event type? This would mean arming schedule would need to disable certain event types all day.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem - yes exactly, you can only use one schedule per event type, so that would be to only way to do stop the light switching on during event periods, unfortunately.

Back