01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Line crossing alerts Hikvision

stephan06

Good day

I have an old 7608 NVR which does not have “line crossing” in the VCA section however the DS 2332- R0 series turret camera does have the line crossing function if I log into the camera.

So the question is:
1) If I set up line crossing in the camera itself re “notify surveillance centre” will the alert/push notification work via the NVR email option

or
2) The line crossing alert will not work via NVR and I have to setup the email address within the camera ? If so will it send the alert from the camera even though it is connected to the nvr and not directly to the internet?

Thanks

Hi @stephan06

If the camera is directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR then the event/email notification settings have to be set in the NVR menus.

So if your NVR does not support line crossing you could usually move the camera from the direct PoE ports onto a separate PoE injector/switch and set up the event/email notifications directly on the camera.

But this may not be possible for you as the camera has to have a MicroSD card installed to store the events/captures it is sending via email, but I think your older 2332 model does not support on-board storage. If that is the case then it is likely the only way you will be able to use line crossing and email notifications would be to upgrade your 8-channel NVR to a newer model - DS-7608NI-I2/8P

Hi @stephan06

If the camera is directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR then the event/email notification settings have to be set in the NVR menus.

So if your NVR does not support line crossing you could usually move the camera from the direct PoE ports onto a separate PoE injector/switch and set up the event/email notifications directly on the camera.

But this may not be possible for you as the camera has to have a MicroSD card installed to store the events/captures it is sending via email, but I think your older 2332 model does not support on-board storage. If that is the case then it is likely the only way you will be able to use line crossing and email notifications would be to upgrade your 8-channel NVR to a newer model - DS-7608NI-I2/8P
Cheers for that mate.

I thought so. I ended up purchasing BlueIris as I will be able to set it up on an older pc and chuck the NVR.

Reactions: Dan
Back