01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live View Failed - Hikvision 7-Series ANPR IP Camera

MJWild

Hey,

I installed an DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS(8-32mm) 2MP DeepInView Darkfighter Varifocal ANPR Bullet today (first install of this system).

It is connected to a 4G router, powered through a PoE. When plugged directly into the router I could connect and the live feed was fine. It turns out that 30-40 minutes after installing the camera and setting it up it stopped sending vehicle reads.

The back office it is integrated with hasn't been able to connect to it again, and it is showing an "Live View Failed" error when I login to the camera. Although I can change the settings and

I've rebooted it, tried through Safari and Chrome but with no success.

Any ideas?

Use IE11 from a Windows PC. It will prompt you to download a plugin called WebComponents.exe. Save it locally, then close all browsers. Locate the download and run it as Admin (right click the file and select 'Run as Administrator'). When you open IE11 next it will prompt you to allow the plugin - choose allow for all sites.
IE11 is still the best browser to configure cams/NVR's via the webGUI. Chrome and Safari are very security orientated and don't support some of the outdated methods used by Hikvision's web plugin.

The Live View and plate capture may be separate issues. Did you install a SD card in the camera? Screen shots of the Road Traffic tab and Image settings tab would help.

Back