01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Local: Abnormal Shutdown Error

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me - I recently installed a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR with 4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras but noticed my NVR keeps suddenly rebooting at random times of the day.
I checked the NVR logs and see that the alert named 'Local: Abnormal Shutdown' is displayed in the logs when it happens (usually 2-5 times a day).

NVR Firmware: V3.4.100 build 180310
Camera Firmware: V5.5.53 build 180622

Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks,

James

Hi James, first step is to update your firmware.
NVR firmware from Phil's link below, apologies for the incorrect link. Thank you Phil for the correction.
Camera: DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Thanks Stewart! I've updated the Camera firmware without issues so will monitor.

For the NVR, do you know if the FW you suggested would work for my NVR as it's a 'B' model - DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)?

Hi, The (B) version firmware can be found here:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

You are on the latest (V3.4.100), there haven't been any updates to that firmware for a while.

Thanks for confirming Phil.

I checked my NVR earlier today and noticed a reboot within the last hour so it seems that the camera FW upgrade to 5.5.53 may not have made a difference.

Any other ideas on what the issue could be?

Tricky - things to check/try:
  1. You've already mentioned your logs, so I guess there are no further clues there?
  2. 4 x 8MP cameras can be a heavy workload for a 7604, are you using the most efficient h.265+ CODEC?
  3. If you have a direct-connected monitor, it will show the currently used/available bandwidth?
  4. Are you using a good HDD (security type e.g. WD Purple / Seagate Iron Wolf) - does your HDD pass its tests OK? Or show anything other than status OK? (below)
  5. Try disconnecting the network cable connecting your NVR to your network when you're not using it, and see whether that affects the reboots.
  6. The NVR firmware version has been stable for a long time. However, the camera version that you are running has never yet been available at the portals, so I guess it might be worth trying them at V5.5.52 just in case: HIKVISION UK PORTAL

1550395621121.png

Hi. I had similar issue of abnormal shutdowns on 7608 of 2014 vintage. Tried many things, but ended up putting a timer on plug and forcing a reboot at 2359hrs every day by turning off/on via timer. I have had no abnormal shutdowns since doing this, so whilst not great, at least I know cameras are recording.

Hi All, did you ever get a fix for this? I have the same NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) with same firmware and have been seeing the Local: Abnormal shutdown message a couple of times a day. I notice when this occurs the camera also stops recording for a random period, even up to a few hours, but unsure if that is another issue on one camera which loses video.
I saw on another thread that disabling "dual VCA" helped, so have tried that and going to monitor too.
There is mention on other forums of possible high CPU - but I have only 2 cameras (5MP and 8MP). SSH'd to the NVR and tried to check the CPU but the OS seems locked down so linux commands like "top" do not work.
This feels like a firmware bug with this model - does the same happen on other models out there??

Hi All, did you ever get a fix for this? I have the same NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) with same firmware and have been seeing the Local: Abnormal shutdown message a couple of times a day. I notice when this occurs the camera also stops recording for a random period, even up to a few hours, but unsure if that is another issue on one camera which loses video.
I saw on another thread that disabling "dual VCA" helped, so have tried that and going to monitor too.
There is mention on other forums of possible high CPU - but I have only 2 cameras (5MP and 8MP). SSH'd to the NVR and tried to check the CPU but the OS seems locked down so linux commands like "top" do not work.
This feels like a firmware bug with this model - does the same happen on other models out there??

Never got a fix for it but noticed it doesn't happen as often. Just had the error occuring 3 times this month whereas it used to be at least once daily.

I haven't used HikConnect as much lately so wonder if this has something to do with it...

I have the same issue and it seems to be when using Hik Connect, It then causes the network to drop out until i unplug it and plug back in

I have this exact same problem, everything working fine then all of a sudden reboot after reboot with abnormal shutdown in the log, if I pull the network cable out all runs absolutely fine. Any suggestions?

Are you using a screened cable to connect the NVR to your network?
Perhaps try a different cable - unscreened.

Cable is connected to a powerline tp link, all was working fine then the reboots started, found out that by taking the network cable out stopped it from happening, left cable out for a few days while I tried to figured out what was up, plugged the network cable back in this morning and hasn't rebooted once, doesn't make any sense, nothing has changed.

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me - I recently installed a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR with 4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras but noticed my NVR keeps suddenly rebooting at random times of the day.
I checked the NVR logs and see that the alert named 'Local: Abnormal Shutdown' is displayed in the logs when it happens (usually 2-5 times a day).

NVR Firmware: V3.4.100 build 180310
Camera Firmware: V5.5.53 build 180622

Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks,

James
Hi james
this is not hardware or firmware issue
this is just about your network
check the MTU parameter in your internet service provider to comply with the MTU in your NVR and make both of them the same number and after that the NVR reboots and will be OK after that

I have the same issue with my DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). have tried all the above and nothing stops the abnormal shutdown. The NVR has been back to Hikvision who say it is working correctly. The shutdown's stop when I disconnect the network cable. Another thing I notice is it doesn't happen at night. Please Please help as this is driving me crazy!!!

Have you tried with an unscreened network patch lead to the LAN?

Back