01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Location of recording box

ldg2009

Hi I am having a hikvision 8mp camera fitted and have heard the box is pretty loud with the fans. I originally wanted the box in the bedroom so I could view the cameras on a TV but concerned about the noise so there also suggesting fitting in the loft. Is there a way that the box can be fitted in the loft but the camera can be viewed on the TV in the bedroom underneath?
If not where have you fitted yours in the home

You can run a long HDMI cable from the NVR to the TV. Then at a minimum to control the NVR you just need a mouse (keyboard is optional but useful and make some jobs much easier). Some wireless keyboards/mice may work at a resonable distance or even through some walls etc so you could try mouse/keyboard USB wireless reciever/s plugged directly into NVR in the loft first, and mouse/keyboard in bedroom. Or if that does not work run USB extension cable/s along with your long HDMI cable and plug the mouse/keyboard wireless receiever/s in to the ends those so the receivers are in the bedroom.

Unless you don’t fancy sleeping I’d put the unit in another room but be careful if your loft gets very hot it could reduce the life of your unit and cause premature failure, and run a long HDMI as previously suggested. I’ve used this mouse on several installs and always worked straight out of the box for me. Never found any need for a keyboard as you can use the mouse to control an onscreen keyboard that takes a few seconds longer, and any real messing you would web page into the unit.

Although I would say I did have a 7616NI-I2 and it was significantly quieter than the 77xx range I’m used too.

In my experience with an I-series, it depends on how many cameras you have attached. When I setup my system starting out with 3 cameras, I had to be right next to the NVR to hear the fan. It was nearly silent. As I added additional cameras I noticed it getting louder. At 8 cameras, it's noisy. I guess the fan is load sensitive. Your post seems to indicate you will have only 1 camera, so it may not be bad at all.

Back