01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking for a CCTV solution

woodland

Hi
After several car thefts and anti-social issues - I want to get a CCTV solution for the house. Ideally not too crazy expensive :)

front (front of house)

I want it to be wired (Cat6) PoE and will use a power injector.

I have a Synology NAS running DSM7 so was thinking to use that for recording.

Looking for a camera that is not too big - hidden away a little. I was thinking of putting it up where you see the Sky dish at the moment looking back over the driveway. Ideally has a zoom ability. I would like PTZ but think these are going to be far too big. I want really good quality/resolution no point in doing this and ending up with potato, night vision. Also ideally a mobile app I can watch live if needed but is recording to Synology NAS. Also would like an Apple TV app that supports "fast" live viewing as well.

Also planning to put the second one in the back garden, but does not need to be as good. I am currently using an old Ring doorbell (gen1) at moment.

I am also using a Ring doorbell (2nd generation) - but I never liked it. It was always slow to ring the chimes, video live often does not work. Any suggestions for a better solution? I don't mind a dedicated solution with a screen as long as it has a remote answer ability on iOS app.

The other option was to buy a smart solution from Ring, Arlo, Nest etc but reading pros and cons of this. You also end up paying monthly fees etc which was not ideal.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Back