01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Mac User - updating firmware using iVMS-4200 on a Mac?

Chichono

Good evening
New to IVMs4200 and must say it's a learning curve. Trying to update firmware on a door entry system with indoor station, DSKH6320WTE1 and DSKD8003IME1. I've downloaded the firmware from Hikvision and it appears as a digicam.dav file in downloads. Remote configuration allows me to locate the file but it won't download. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Good evening
New to IVMs4200 and must say it's a learning curve. Trying to update firmware on a door entry system with indoor station, DSKH6320WTE1 and DSKD8003IME1. I've downloaded the firmware from Hikvision and it appears as a digicam.dav file in downloads. Remote configuration allows me to locate the file but it won't download. Any pointers greatly appreciated.
The Mac version of iVMS-4200 is a long way behind the Windows version unfortunately (both age and functionality). From memory, the Mac version may allow you to do the outdoor unit but not the indoor unit. The Windows version will do both. I'm a Mac user and have Win 11 Pro running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro for this. The outdoor unit can also be upgraded using a web browser (it may not work in Safari however)

Back