01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Metadata - > "Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture" missing

mtv

Hi

Within my DS-2CD2047G2-LU (C) with G5 firmware the tab Configurarion -> Metadata settings seems to be missing:

1635231754827.png

while this is available within my my DS-2CD2047G2-LU with G3 firmware:

1635231697270.png

On my G5 I'm on V5.7.1 firmware, I can't figure out how to enable this overlay rule frame without the tab.

Anyone any ideas?

Attachments

• 1635231653808.png
    1635231653808.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
@mtv

We've spoken to Hikvision technical support about the above issue and this was their response:

"The R&D team confirmed that the G5 ColorVu device has no metadata function at the moment, and we plan to add this function to the G5 platform device in the near future."

Reactions: mtv
@mtv

We've spoken to Hikvision technical support about the above issue and this was their response:

"The R&D team confirmed that the G5 ColorVu device has no metadata function at the moment, and we plan to add this function to the G5 platform device in the near future."
Hi Dan,

thanks for the feedback on this topic, much appreciated, I'll look forward to the near future !!

Hi,

what is the purpose of "Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture"?

I found a nearly equal doc about this, which is better to understand than the regular hikvision one: https://www.firesecurityproducts.com.au/Documents/TruVision Series 7 Configuration Manual.pdf

4. Select Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture to enablethe function. The bounding boxes does not require proprietary players to decodeand display. Make sure you have selected Substream here and Substream in liveview.

Is this about the green boxes which are only visible via live view but do not trigger motion detection / intrusion detection / line crossing? The green/red boxes are not encoded into the video (rtsp) so far. Why they are talking about "selected substream" and obviously nothing is to be selected (only the settting below)?

This is my similar question: VCA motion detection green boxes recording?

Back