01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Min-Moe Terminal RS-485

ikcarus

I've installed two Min-Moe terminals to control a single mag lock. I'm using RS485 between them with one configured as card reader, one as access controller.

I can't get the module which is acting as a card reader to open the door via the access controller. I've checked the Rs485 wiring (blue to blue, yellow to yellow), and confirmed continuity with a meter. One is set to serial 1, one to serial 2. Both have a user they can authenticate with.

What am I doing wrong, or has anyone experienced this problem?

My other option would be to use wagos and wire them both to the lock, so that each functions by itself.

Update - have tried configuring the terminals both manually and via ivms. Reset to defaults etc... Multimeter confirms electrical connection between RS485+/RS485-.

Would anybody have any suggestions as to why these terminals are not communicating with each other, or do I need to turn another setting on to facilitate the keypad?

In settings, did you change Access Control - RS485 - Peripheral Type to Card reader and Access Controller respectively?
For the reader Minmoe, set the peripherals type as Access Controller, and set the RS485 address to 2, Output Type: Person ID.
For the controller Minmoe, set the peripherals type as Card Reader, RS485 address 0.

Back