01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mini Dome goes offline?

pteps

I have the following setup consisting of one nvr, one mini dome cam and three turret cam as follows:
1x Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR
1x Hikvision DS-2CD2545FWD-I
3x Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I

The issue is that my mini dome cam always goes offline after an while but the funny thing is if I move the port on the NVR to another port it will usually come back online.
Sometimes I can go for weeks without any issue but then it will go offline.

I have re-crimped the end of the cables for this connection between the cam and nvr but make no difference. This is my only cam which is a different model to the other cams. Can anyone point me in the right direction what I can look at on the NVR to see what is happening when it is going offline or has any experienced this issue before?

Hi @pteps

You say you have re-crimped the cables, does this mean that the camera is installed with a cable you cut & terminated?

One of the things we would always recommend for users who are seeing cameras dropping off that are connected via self-cut/terminated cable is to try plugging the camera in with a short factory-made patch cable to rule out any issue with the cable.

Hi @pteps

You say you have re-crimped the cables, does this mean that the camera is installed with a cable you cut & terminated?

One of the things we would always recommend for users who are seeing cameras dropping off that are connected via self-cut/terminated cable is to try plugging the camera in with a short factory-made patch cable to rule out any issue with the cable.
So all the cameras were installed by a installer and cameras worked fine. I am not sure if it is the cable because like now I just turn off the POE and reenabled it on the NVR and the camera came back online and is working fine and has been for the last hour, if it was the cables I am not sure why it would work fine for long periods and then just go offline.

But I do understand your point and will give it a try, but for now is there anything you can advise? From a previous post(which I think you answered) I have upgraded the mini dome but with no avail... Is there anything else I can check?

We have seen all manner of strange camera behaviour that in the end has been caused by incorrectly installed or damaged cable, so it is definitely worth testing the cable.

Have you checked the NVR recordings for a time period when the camera was not showing? If you are still getting recordings during these downtimes it would suggest it is an issue with the way the NVR is handling the camera's live stream, but if you are getting no recordings then that would suggest the camera is going offline.

@Dan it goes completely offline although the nvr ports are still flashing so looks like power is still going to the cam but no data is hitting the nvr.

I will try and uninstall the cam from the external wall and try via a short cable to nvr and see how I go.

Reactions: Dan
Hi @Dan, I managed to connect the ip cam directly to seperate poe switchable dn connect the switch to the nvr for the kin dome cam and it seem to be stable and working fine now.

So it looks like the NVR might be a problem maybe dropping power, have you heard of any other issues like this?

Reactions: Dan
Back