01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Monitor Display Modification

Alchad

Hi,

New member. I'm in the process of updating an old CCTV system which consisted of 3 analogue(?) CCTV camera which were operated using cat 5 cable and video baluns, the signals were fed back into a "quad processor" which displayed the video signal on a small TV monitor.

I'm in the process of changing over to a Hikvision system comprising a Hikvision NVR with 4 POE connections coupled up to 2 camera's with motorised lenses and one with a fixed lens (I opted for the expensive motorized lens version because of where I want to adjust the field of view for these two cameras).

I'm not that tech savvy but have finally got the system up and running. (I wish I had found this site and the "how to guides" earlier - would have saved much struggling!!). BUT the one annoyance is that I only seem to be able to adjust the display output from the NVR to show one camera, two cameras or 4 cameras. With my old quad processor I could have one camera showing in most of the screen and the other two cameras showing in much smaller windows on the screen (and quite a few other permutations of display format controlled by a small remote).

I wondered if this limited display option is a fixed feature of the HIKvision NVR or is it any way customizable??

If it is, are there other NVR's or add-on's which might give me what I want.

Thanks

Alchad

Hi,

New member. I'm in the process of updating an old CCTV system which consisted of 3 analogue(?) CCTV camera which were operated using cat 5 cable and video baluns, the signals were fed back into a "quad processor" which displayed the video signal on a small TV monitor.

I'm in the process of changing over to a Hikvision system comprising a Hikvision NVR with 4 POE connections coupled up to 2 camera's with motorised lenses and one with a fixed lens (I opted for the expensive motorized lens version because of where I want to adjust the field of view for these two cameras).

I'm not that tech savvy but have finally got the system up and running. (I wish I had found this site and the "how to guides" earlier - would have saved much struggling!!). BUT the one annoyance is that I only seem to be able to adjust the display output from the NVR to show one camera, two cameras or 4 cameras. With my old quad processor I could have one camera showing in most of the screen and the other two cameras showing in much smaller windows on the screen (and quite a few other permutations of display format controlled by a small remote).

I wondered if this limited display option is a fixed feature of the HIKvision NVR or is it any way customizable??

If it is, are there other NVR's or add-on's which might give me what I want.

Thanks

Alchad
Yeah it's limited as you have a 4 channel NVR. You're actually quite lucky to have a two camera (side by side) output available as that is only available on the 4 channel models. On an 8 channel NVR you could get a 1 plus 5 format but you'd end up having to repeat images or have blank panes.

Back